Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

3 point SFC's & Tunnel mount torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 point SFC's & Tunnel mount torque arm

I did a search but came up with nothing.

I have a 96 Trans Am and it has Eibach sportline lowering springs on it. I just ordered UMI 3 point SFC's and a UMI tunnel mount torque arm with drive shaft safety loop. My question is, can I run dual exhaust dumped right before the rear end or will the SFC's make me have to go lower with my exhaust? Not sure if its been done before, but I'm hoping I can come straight back off the header with out dropping it to clear the SFC's. I hope someone has tried this or knows of someone who has. If I have to go lower with the exhaust I'll most likely put drag springs in because as of now I only have maybe 1 1/2" of clearance from the ground to the exhaust.

Thanks for any kind of help
Old 06-08-2009, 07:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Thanks for the business, you will not have any clearance issue with the 3 point SFC's. When a customer asks about true duals we always recommend going with a full length torque arm. When running that certain set up you will be fine if you were using a y pipe either stock or aftermarket. But the duals will cause some clearance issues with the tunnel mounted torque arms. Below is a link to show you what the set up looks like with duals that you are looking for.

http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2205l.jpg

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 06-08-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll have to fab something up, but I think I won't have a choice but to raise the car back up.