Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

TRZ panhard/sway bar kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRZ panhard/sway bar kit

http://www.trzmotorsports.com/34f.html#rear

Anyone have this kit? If so how do you like it and how does it handle on the street, Any traction gains. I think it is suppossed to save 15lbs also.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Cool idea for drag racing only. That rear bar is MASSIVE and it mounts further inboard making it even stiffer than the same size bar that has more leverage acting on it. It's not a good idea for a street car that is acutally driven as a street car as opposed to a car that is street drive just to get to and from the strip. Lots and lots of oversteer.

And really, I think it's not much weight savings. There is still a Panhard bar, a brace (and a heavier one than stock), and a swaybar. Granted the bar is hollow (which I like), but you can put a hollow bar on tomorrow if you want and shed weight.

I don't buy it's a 15 pound savings unless you are comparing that setup to a solid 1" rear bar type setup.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i took the front sway off and i have a manual rack, so do you think the oversteer will really be that bad? I was thinnking it may handle better, And i don't car about going fast down curvy roads, just street racing, highway pulls, and of course the track.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and what if i threw in a spool? I'm not that picky on having a smooth car, after all i do not have a/c or p/s. And soon i plan on manual master cylinder with abs delete.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
Well i took the front sway off and i have a manual rack, so do you think the oversteer will really be that bad? I was thinnking it may handle better, And i don't car about going fast down curvy roads, just street racing, highway pulls, and of course the track.
If you are racing on the highway (which I don't advocate) I sure as heck wouldn't be taking off my swaybar or be doing something to detriment handling. In an emergency situation you are going to lose control.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pm Mightymouse, He has that set up and has said it drives fine on the street. Drivability is a personal choice, and to each their own.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
If you are racing on the highway (which I don't advocate) I sure as heck wouldn't be taking off my swaybar or be doing something to detriment handling. In an emergency situation you are going to lose control.
I appriciate the concern, but not the answer i'm looking for. I still have the rear sway and it handles just fine, I also leaves the line pretty staight. 1.506 60' I'm mainly trying to save weight. A lot of people take of the front sway for drag purposes and don't complain about handling.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
I appriciate the concern, but not the answer i'm looking for. I still have the rear sway and it handles just fine, I also leaves the line pretty staight. 1.506 60' I'm mainly trying to save weight. A lot of people take of the front sway for drag purposes and don't complain about handling.
It is definitely your choice. I've had a swaybar bracket break on mine (equivalent to no sway bar) and I thought the car handled like complete crap. To each his own.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

The bigger issue with removing the front swaybar isn't the numbness of the steering response or handling. It's the snap oversteer caused by no front bar + rear bar installed. 99% of the time you shouldn't notice anything. Good luck trying to control the car if you get tail happy though.

Is that panhard/sway bar even good for drag racing??? I'm struggling to see how it works.. does it try to bring the chassis along with the axle movement? I don't see the purpose of putting serious drag racing parts in your car if your racing on the street.. but that's just me.

Quick Reply: TRZ panhard/sway bar kit