Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA's/SFC's

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA's/SFC's

I haven't been online looking at car stuff for quite some time now(just bought a 2003 Yamaha Vmax and been spending a lot of time with that). However I stopped on ls1tech today and found BMR is having a sale on some of their suspension items. My car isn't bound to be a sub 10's car, however I do want to get into the 11's or possibly lower eventually. Anyways, my question is as follows. What can I expect from getting LCA's and SFC's. I know SFC's help reduce chassis stress which is good for t-top cars. But I don't understand exactly how the LCA's would help out? I would probly stay with the basic ones just because I'm not a big person on adjusting the length and I believe they come stock length. So, what areas would these items benefit me?

Thanks for the help ahead of time, I tried checking the basics and didn't find much about these items in particular(which I have been told to look at earlier). Also I have the TSP true duals for exhaust, any input on torque arms for this exhaust setup?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

sfc's stiffen it up, and possibly stop the car from getting "torque dimples" in the rear quarters. the lca's will reduce or eliminate wheel hop and help plant the wheels better. relocation brackets help this even more.

the purpose of the adjustable ones is not only to change length. it gives you the ability to run a rod end on one or both sides. this will prevent bind when throughout hard cornering as it allows for articulation. you seem like a drag only kinda guy though so i'm sure a poly/poly non adjustable set would be fine for you.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

My car is not, and will not be lowered(due to my exhaust) Will the relocation brackets be necessary for my application or I thought it was mostly for the lowered cars?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

they still help. probably not as much as they do on a lowered car but they still do help. not entirely "necessary" but for $75 it's definitely worth it IMO.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Just another option is UMI Performance- www.umiperformance.com we are are also offering a Independence Day sale and all of our items are listed on our site with the sale price. We also offer a 100% bolt in SFC if you do not have the capability of welding at this time.

SFC's tie the front and rear subframe together help the car launch much straighter and protecting it from any possible chassis damage. We highly recommend SFC's when the car is going to see the track. Here is a list we have to offer- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_113

Aftermarket control arms are designed to eliminate the flex found in the factory control arms. Also since they come with a polyurethane bushing they eliminate the deflection found in the factory rubber bushings. When you launch the car on the factory control arms they will flex and the soft rubber bushing will deflect leading to wheel hop or tire spin. Aftermarket control arms eliminate this and lead to increased traction on both the street and the track. Here is a link to our basic version- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=104

Control arm relocation brackets are a very inexpensive traction device and highly recommend as a first traction mod. On a non-lowered car they work as an anti-squat bracket.. lifting the body of the car and planting the rear end harder into the ground. The relocation brackets lower the rear of the control, this moves the instant center point of the vehicle rearward and leads to a much firmer and harder launch. We offer both a weld in and bolt in version seen here- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_138_108

Thanks for considering our products and I hope the information I have supplied helps you in your decision. Good luck with your purchase

Ryan
Old 07-05-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SFCs is a must for any of our cars
Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
I haven't been online looking at car stuff for quite some time now(just bought a 2003 Yamaha Vmax and been spending a lot of time with that). However I stopped on ls1tech today and found BMR is having a sale on some of their suspension items. My car isn't bound to be a sub 10's car, however I do want to get into the 11's or possibly lower eventually. Anyways, my question is as follows. What can I expect from getting LCA's and SFC's. I know SFC's help reduce chassis stress which is good for t-top cars. But I don't understand exactly how the LCA's would help out? I would probly stay with the basic ones just because I'm not a big person on adjusting the length and I believe they come stock length. So, what areas would these items benefit me?

Thanks for the help ahead of time, I tried checking the basics and didn't find much about these items in particular(which I have been told to look at earlier). Also I have the TSP true duals for exhaust, any input on torque arms for this exhaust setup?
Hello, like others have stated the frame connectors will help your chassis flex less which will make your car more consistant at the track. The lower control arms from the factory are stamped steel which under a load will flex and they also have rubber bushings which absorb alot of the power being transmitted thru the suspension. Our connectors are weld on units which in our opinion are better than bolt on connectors. We offer several different styles of lca's. Give me a call at the office and we can go over which ones would be best in your situation.
Attached Thumbnails LCA's/SFC's-sfc.gif   LCA's/SFC's-tca001.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

I would but I already ordered the items you linked
Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
I would but I already ordered the items you linked