Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Shocks & Struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up UMI Performance!

Originally Posted by porksoda
QA1's will not ride comfortable at all! They are strictly for drag racing.
Hello
I am sorry but I don't mean to and I am going to have to disagree with you porksoda! Depending on the spring rate that you choose and what the vehicle is used the most for. We have a few vehicle around here that are running the coil over set-ups and a good Qa1 adjustable shock and they are hocking like crazy as long as you have the right suspension set-up. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...0c7gvpo1vvmtq3

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJT
Yea...I read all the blogs and info of Strano knocking Edels. I don't know though...it just seems like when he talks about them... he wants you to buy his Strano/Bilstein pack so he (gets the money)...not Edel. He has to keep that race car in high mainteance you know. He keeps saying..."It doesn't matter...I sell the Edels too". But....he doesn't sell the fronts for 200 ea. More like 251. And I read a lot of people disagreeing with him on knocking the Edels They tested the Edels against the Bilstiens and stated the Edels were better. Again though...that was Edelbrock. I guess it's personal preference...Well...I'll find out this Fri or SAT. Dammit...!! now I'mm all pissed that I might be disappointed and wished I would of went Bilstein....I almost did.
Everything I've heard Sam doesn't "knock" anything unless he has a good reason to. Like he says he sells them all so there really isn't a bias.

What it sounds like is you are enamored with the Edelbrock name and are pissed someone is saying they aren't the best out there. If you want them then buy them; I personally like to know all about a part and what it will do before putting it on my car. Better to have a plan rather than throwing parts on the car.

I can't disagree w/ him recommending his Bilsteins, they are a VERY good shock and about the best for stock ride height.

FWIW I read about the Edelbrock IAS "technology" and am not impressed. It looks like a good recipe for not controlling piston speed properly but like I said I don't know enough about them to authoritatively say they are good or bad.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink

I've got the IAS shock on my car, and IMO they ride and handle great.
It's all about choosing what works best for your requirements, not others.

The best option for one person isn't necessarily the best for someone else!

Have a great day!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

True just was trying to get some Pro's & Con's about different shocks & struts.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:41 PM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
Everything I've heard Sam doesn't "knock" anything unless he has a good reason to. Like he says he sells them all so there really isn't a bias.

What it sounds like is you are enamored with the Edelbrock name and are pissed someone is saying they aren't the best out there. If you want them then buy them; I personally like to know all about a part and what it will do before putting it on my car. Better to have a plan rather than throwing parts on the car.

I can't disagree w/ him recommending his Bilsteins, they are a VERY good shock and about the best for stock ride height.

FWIW I read about the Edelbrock IAS "technology" and am not impressed. It looks like a good recipe for not controlling piston speed properly but like I said I don't know enough about them to authoritatively say they are good or bad.

Who the hell said I'm pissed? I already pretty much said that KONI was the best. BUILD ON A BUDGET MAN!!! Enamored...lol. His shocks are the only part on my car. Personally...I think his internal engine bolt on performance parts, suckass. Am I intrigued that they are a new inovation in shocks and made in the... USA?! Hell yea! I could care less...I said the Bilstein were good too. No...I don't work for Edel, if that's what your trying to imply. Well...I'll let you know if their good or bad. ooo yea... and so will 99bluz.

Last edited by JJT; 07-09-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JJT
Who the hell said I'm pissed? I already pretty much said that KONI was the best. BUILD ON A BUDGET MAN!!! Enamored...lol. His shocks are the only part on my car. Personally...I think his internal engine bolt on performance parts, suckass. Am I intrigued that they are a new inovation in shocks and made in the... USA?! Hell yea! I could care less...I said the Bilstein were good too. No...I don't work for Edel, if that's what your trying to imply. Well...I'll let you know if their good or bad. ooo yea... and so will 99bluz.
It sounded like that's what you were going to put on the car so why ask questions if you had already decided? I am not intrigued by "new innovations" and I don't give a **** where stuff is made; I want the best. And that sir, is why I bought the Konis.

But like I said, we need more reviews of these before I'd ever recommend them to someone so please post your feedback on these.

Last edited by JamRWS6; 07-10-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:17 AM
JJT
On The Tree

It sounded like that's what you were going to put on the car so why ask questions if you had already decided? I am not intrigued by "new innovations" and I don't give a **** where stuff is made; I want the best. And that sir, is why I bought the Konis.

But like I said, we need more reviews of these before I'd ever recommend them to someone so please post your feedback on these.
Well...I give a ****! And here is my review. Worth the money. Very pleased with these IAS shocks. It drives tight around corners and turns...huggs them. Over bridges on the highway or bumps on the road it softens up, then grabs the road. The best thing....I feel like I'm sitting on the road when driveing, and... I BUILT ON A BUDGET! Now...with the extra money...it's time for Trickflow heads, cam, and the ATI PROCHARGER! Can't wait...

S/f Do or Die!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:21 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HitmanLS1
True just was trying to get some Pro's & Con's about different shocks & struts.
Did you get that man...their GTG! I'm very please. Good old USA...

S/f
Old 07-11-2009, 05:23 AM
JJT
On The Tree

What the hell are you talking about?! Hitman ask the question...chico..
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks JJT
Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Junkie

What are the Edelbrock shocks anyway? Adjustable or non? If adjustable, what ***** adjust what?
Old 07-12-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like my Koni's 4x4. My car is a D/D only.

Bill

Quick Reply: New Shocks & Struts