Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

umi tq arm relocation and lca's instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default umi tq arm relocation and lca's instructions?

whats up fellas i just recently got my pile of suspension goodies and either i can't find them or they didn't come with it (instructions). i have the tq arm instructions but i don't have any pictures or instructions for the relocation bracket the (tq arm mounts too).

i also don't have any instructions for the lca's. where do i grease them btw?

im going over the directions of the other stuff and trying to get everything ready for install this wk (was suppose to do this today but a 230am dd request an late night made me sleep late good wing man)

any tips from you guys until umi keys in here on monday or when i talk to them? i will be charged by the base shop while im there so i want to be on top of things.

again where do i grease my phb and lca's? both are poly/rod adj.

thanks if you can
Old 07-18-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol no sooner i get up to look for it again i found the directions for the tq arm relocation kit don't you love when you do that. i went over it a couple times and the only thing i don't get for us manual trans guys is that we have to lower the trans in order for the holes to line up? i guess ill have to find out.

btw, i still can't find my lca instructions
Old 07-19-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will have to lower the trans regardless in order to get the stock torque arm mount off. Its a pain to get it out. As far as the LCA's, its pretty much as you would expect, just look up the torques for it and make sure to grease it if your LCAs are so equipped.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you're not using a poly tranny mount, my UMI TA relocation mount would not fit with the poly tranny mount.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
You will have to lower the trans regardless in order to get the stock torque arm mount off. Its a pain to get it out. As far as the LCA's, its pretty much as you would expect, just look up the torques for it and make sure to grease it if your LCAs are so equipped.
I did not have to lower my Tranny when I installed my UMI adj torque arm.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
I did not have to lower my Tranny when I installed my UMI adj torque arm.
The torque arm relocation kit replaces the stock crossmember, you have to remove the old torque arm mount in its entirety in order to use it. That includes the clamshell side with the bolts that go through the tailhousing, which you can't get off without letting the transmission droop (or by cutting the stud that is attached to the clamshell).
Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I hope you're not using a poly tranny mount, my UMI TA relocation mount would not fit with the poly tranny mount.
It fits fine for me, I just had to use a pry bar to get the transmission over far enough to mount it.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
The torque arm relocation kit replaces the stock crossmember, you have to remove the old torque arm mount in its entirety in order to use it. That includes the clamshell side with the bolts that go through the tailhousing, which you can't get off without letting the transmission droop (or by cutting the stud that is attached to the clamshell).

I have UMI's adj. T/A model number 2200, are you talking about another model?