Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I have a (potentially) brilliant idea for a BBK for 17" rim guys!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default I have a (potentially) brilliant idea for a BBK for 17" rim guys!

So as some of you may know, I acquired a front and REAR set of CTS-V calipers. The REAR mounting flange bolt spacing seems to be the same as the front, and It looks like the REAR calipers (still a 4 piston but with shorter mounting tabs) might fight over a stock size rotor or a c5 rotor. I get the calipers back from powdercoat tomorrow and i will see what i can figure out for you 17" rim guys. Ill also see if these rears will fit our rear brakes!

wish me luck

Last edited by KILLER-LS1; 07-23-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theyre still much smaller than the front CTS-V calipers. They may fit, but the brake bias might be an issue. ill keep an eye on this though.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
Theyre still much smaller than the front CTS-V calipers. They may fit, but the brake bias might be an issue. ill keep an eye on this though.
yea i was curious about that too, ill figure out the approximate surface area of the four pistons and compare that to the surface area of the stock two, it looks like it will be pretty close just by eyeing it, im sure thats not 100% accurate way of doing it but at least it will give me a better idea. It also appears that the minimum rotor thicknesses for the front camaro rotor and rear CTS-V rotor are close, so i dont think that will be an issue. but who knows, ill give another update tomorrow with pics
Old 07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope, no dice, sorry everyone. the bolt holes do not line up, and you would need a thinner rotor which is a bad idea up front. back to the drawing board. Oh BTW, these dont have the same bolt spacing for the rears either....