Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Some noise after installing some suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some noise after installing some suspension

Installed konis, strano springs, and a watts link Recently. The car handles amazing, but occasionally i get some odd noises out of it. most annoying is with the windows open, ( and people have told me you can hear it from outside the car) when i go over a bump sounds like a metallic clinging. The other noise is a bit harder to describe but i would describe it almost like a bed squeaking. comes from the back of the car. Tried wd-40ing the bushings behind the seat on the shock but that didn't do nething.

Any advice?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably something loose like upper shock mount if some noises coming from the front. I had one side not 100% tight. Clinkiing, groaning from the rear was my (greasable) lower control arm bolt not tight enough- the noise came back, it was grease time! If these sounds werent present prior to install, prolly some retorquing/rechecking is in order.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

any idea what the squeaking might be
Old 08-04-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a bushing, possibly. Any chance of getting someone to push down on the rear of the vehicle (making it bounce) while you listen from underneath? You should be able to isolate the noise this way. LCA, PHB bushings could be culprit(s) in the rear.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Did you ever get your squeaking fixed?

i just bought a 98 Z28 with adjustable pan hard, and lowers. It makes a bad squeaking from the rear. sounds like the upper part of the panhard comes from the hach area. I've tried to tighten but it doesn't seem to get any tighter.

Just wondering if you had any sugestions?

Thanks,
Chuck

Quick Reply: Some noise after installing some suspension