Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car unloading on launch?? picture inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car unloading on launch?? picture inside

ok so i went to the track over the weekend. This is a picture of my car when i took off. i believe it was my 1.8 60ft. not sure but it could of been my other run which was a 2.3.

Now the problem that was brought up to me is my car is unloading at the line and not actually squating during launch and leaning to the right which is causing my slow 1/4mile times and traction issues. What do i need to do to fix this problem? shocks springs?? any suggestions would help on how to solve this issue

My current mods for suspension that are on my car:

UMI
subframes connectors
Single adjustable LCA's with relocation brackets. (set on the lower hole)
Adjustable Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm. pinion set at -2.
Panhard Bar
Everything else is stock with 84,000 miles

here is the picture. you can see that my car is actually lifting on all four corners and leaning towards the right.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm that looks strange could be your shocks or maybe the suspension was not loaded when some of your parts where welded or installed. How far downward towards the rear axle do your LCA's point?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 PM
FormerVendor

Hello
What the problem is that the vehicle is transfering weight but it is unloading to fast! What I would recommend is looking into a good spring and adjustable shock combo. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_110

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

alright thanks. just a question, Its says in the description for the QA1 rear shocks that some modification is required for the stock springs to fit. What has to be done to get them to fit stock springs or vice versa?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

?????
Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
In your case seeing how you are looking to transfer weight better. Rather than using the stock worn out front spring and having to make a spring perch. I would just suggest looking into a coil over set up with a 300lb front spring seeing how it is a street and strip combo. Like mentioned before all you would need then is a adjustable rear shock.
Thanks
Brad
Old 10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

This looks like a street/strip car. The gentleman at UMI is right. Try looking into a dual adjustable front shocks with the right spring rate-275-300lb springs. The shocks can be tuned for stirp launches and street driving. The rears can be single adjust-dual if you have the $$. You have some nice suspension already. Tuning the shocks should be fairly easy to attain a setting for the track you frequent. Different tracks react differently. Keep a log book of the adjustments you do for each track. The street setting can be set for the ride home, if not trailered. Look into a good swaybar system, which will help your control from launch to finish, like the TRZ-just an example, I don't advocate one over another. The only sacrifice will be a little noise and/or ride quality. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
In your case seeing how you are looking to transfer weight better. Rather than using the stock worn out front spring and having to make a spring perch. I would just suggest looking into a coil over set up with a 300lb front spring seeing how it is a street and strip combo. Like mentioned before all you would need then is a adjustable rear shock.
Thanks
Brad
Originally Posted by 382ssz28
This looks like a street/strip car. The gentleman at UMI is right. Try looking into a dual adjustable front shocks with the right spring rate-275-300lb springs. The shocks can be tuned for stirp launches and street driving. The rears can be single adjust-dual if you have the $$. You have some nice suspension already. Tuning the shocks should be fairly easy to attain a setting for the track you frequent. Different tracks react differently. Keep a log book of the adjustments you do for each track. The street setting can be set for the ride home, if not trailered. Look into a good swaybar system, which will help your control from launch to finish, like the TRZ-just an example, I don't advocate one over another. The only sacrifice will be a little noise and/or ride quality. Good luck.

alright thanks . looks like some new adjustable shocks are on my list of things to buy.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks
Brad
Would a bigger rear sway bar help also in this situation? Along with the other parts you're recommending ?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOLO
Would a bigger rear sway bar help also in this situation? Along with the other parts you're recommending ?
Not really, the car isnt twisting bad enough. But it wouldnt hurt.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

id say for sure is atleast front shocks even the kyb agx will help a ton...next is you said you have lca relocation brackets, if your car is not lowered which it dont look like it is id make sure you bolt the lca to the hole right above the lowest. Next if your car leans to the right real bad you can put a airbag in the right rear.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BOLO
Hello
Yes! After you got the pre load set, a drag bar will allow the weight to transfer evenly. Distributing weight over both rear tires. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...c9pn6kc6t8t9q1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Car unloading on launch?? picture inside