Strano Spring owners: I need your pictures

Old 11-13-2018, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strano springs and Koni orange

Old 11-13-2018, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Good lord that's clean. How do you keep those wheels that clean? Must be a lot of fun trying to keep them that shiny!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-13-2018, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Sam, they are pretty new but I use Chemical Guys wheel guard as a sealant and I have found their V07 spray leaves them nice and shiny. Car stays in the garage unless its being driven so that is the main reason the car stays so clean. Thanks for the awesome spring/shock setup btw! I wish I had started with these springs 17 years ago when I first bought it.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I am beyond thrilled that you are so happy with my springs and the shock combination! To all that post pics, thank you for taking the time to put the photos up, but the description of the results are even better!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-15-2018, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I definitely love mine. I've got 4/4 koni's and Sam's springs. They made a huge difference over the bilsteins and stock springs. The car drives like it's on rails. It feels glued to the road at high speeds. It's very predictable in turns. It's one of the most noticeable feeling and looking mods I've done. Worth every penny and Sam's support and advice has always been great.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll post some when I get a chance. To COMBAT that higher rear end swap in 99-2004 mustang rear isolators, they are shorter then stock. Let me find the link!, P.S. I did this in the rear and it mad a big difference. I also have bilsteins (WS6Store) have like 200 miles on them, also have strano shocks (got them sanded and powder coated gloss wet black to match my car).
Old 11-15-2018, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ower-rear.html
Old 11-21-2018, 02:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I can't ask for a better review than that *with* good pics too! Shocks and springs are where I would always recommend folks start on this car, because I agree the result is the most noticeable change you can get, barring maybe adding a supercharger or something. But even the suspension is at work ALL THE TIME, things that add power only do so when you put your foot down. But no matter how hard you are pounding on the car, if you are moving the suspension is working. And if you aren't, the springs still look better.

Thank you for the pictures and the opinion, it's greatly appreciated.

Sam

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
I definitely love mine. I've got 4/4 koni's and Sam's springs. They made a huge difference over the bilsteins and stock springs. The car drives like it's on rails. It feels glued to the road at high speeds. It's very predictable in turns. It's one of the most noticeable feeling and looking mods I've done. Worth every penny and Sam's support and advice has always been great.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693

man this car is just beautiful
Old 02-05-2019, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

what rims are those ?? offsets ? spacers?
Old 05-15-2019, 07:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Got all my stuff installed last weekend. Rides surprisingly well! Not stiff but, controlled. Lack of body roll compared to the 20 year old crap is amazing, front doesnt dive during heavy braking any more. Measured before and after (after driving) I got a solid 1.25" drop at the front and rear. I did use the stock spacers in the rear and I couldnt imagine it sitting any better. Sam, awesome work on the springs! Ill get some better pictures once I get her aligned. I have almost a full beer can clearance under my Y pipe.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I like it! Thanks for the write up and the pictures!

Old 01-15-2020, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I’ll throw in my contribution: After driving my car 100% stock for the past few seasons, I finally made the decision to do something about the suspension. Instead of endlessly reading forum posts about ______ or ______ and why they are the best, please do yourself a favor and give Sam a call. Do it.

We had a wonderful conversation about suspension tech and what ACTUALLY WORKS based off my goals for the car. Sam gave me some of the best insight into what components would be best fit for my application, and he told me exactly what I would and would not need. No wasting money on expensive parts that I would never utilize, No BS period. Remember folks, Sam is here for YOU!

I ended up picking up the HP7 from Sam which included:
- Koni 4/4
- Strano SP141 Springs
- Strano 35/22 Hollow Bars

Notes:
**I did not re use the stock rear isolators, and I am using the upper perch on the Koni’s
**I do have an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the axle
**I had also picked up new revised style moog lower control arm bushings, front strut mounts and supporting pieces to assemble the front struts when it came time to install**

I Finally had the time to install all the parts and the difference is amazing. The car handles phenomenally while still being suitable for daily driving, especially on Michigan Roads! I did a 1000+ mile road rally the weekend after install and it was just as comfortable as the stock setup, but now with way more control and grip! I have not gotten much track time on the new setup due to the install taking place at the end of the season. All in all I’d say it’s a bit over 1 inch lower all around, not going to bother to measure because each car may be different. To anyone who is worried about it….just stop,….the car sits perfectly.

RESULTS: I was able to get back out to Grattan for the last event of the season. Mind you last time I ran this track I was completely stock aside from wheels and tires. Ambient temperatures were about 30°-40°F colder than the first event I ran here stock. I Still managed to shave 2 whole seconds off my previous lap time with the new setup even with a much colder track! There’s definitely more time to be found in there, but I was very happy with the initial performance.

100% stock height, only pic i could easily find with the stock wheels

Stock Height 1

Stock height 2

After Install

After install on road rally

On track with HP7 Package

On Track With HP7 Package

Last edited by Adven; 01-15-2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added Pics
The following 4 users liked this post by Adven:
89ThirdGenCamaro3310 (01-20-2020), LT4vert (01-18-2020), Sam Strano (01-29-2020), Stitch1717 (05-01-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 10:26 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I've posted pics before, but I'm bored. I believe I had taken a buffer to the paint since my last pics and these were taken over Christmas right after a washing. I love the way the car sits, drives and rides. I really need wheels and tires, Sam. I had never noticed that the spoke orientation of the salad shooters differs from the driver's side to the passenger side. That's not good for obsessive compulsives.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Adven .... are those Arc-8's ? What size/offset did you end up with front and rear? The Arc-8's are on my my very short list of wheels and up till now Ive never seen them on a fcar, They sit just about perfect in the wheels wells.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Adven
I guess I’ll throw in my contribution: After driving my car 100% stock for the past few seasons, I finally made the decision to do something about the suspension. Instead of endlessly reading forum posts about ______ or ______ and why they are the best, please do yourself a favor and give Sam a call. Do it.

We had a wonderful conversation about suspension tech and what ACTUALLY WORKS based off my goals for the car. Sam gave me some of the best insight into what components would be best fit for my application, and he told me exactly what I would and would not need. No wasting money on expensive parts that I would never utilize, No BS period. Remember folks, Sam is here for YOU!

I ended up picking up the HP7 from Sam which included:
- Koni 4/4
- Strano SP141 Springs
- Strano 35/22 Hollow Bars

Notes:
**I did not re use the stock rear isolators, and I am using the upper perch on the Koni’s
**I do have an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the axle
**I had also picked up new revised style moog lower control arm bushings, front strut mounts and supporting pieces to assemble the front struts when it came time to install**

I Finally had the time to install all the parts and the difference is amazing. The car handles phenomenally while still being suitable for daily driving, especially on Michigan Roads! I did a 1000+ mile road rally the weekend after install and it was just as comfortable as the stock setup, but now with way more control and grip! I have not gotten much track time on the new setup due to the install taking place at the end of the season. All in all I’d say it’s a bit over 1 inch lower all around, not going to bother to measure because each car may be different. To anyone who is worried about it….just stop,….the car sits perfectly.

RESULTS: I was able to get back out to Grattan for the last event of the season. Mind you last time I ran this track I was completely stock aside from wheels and tires. Ambient temperatures were about 30°-40°F colder than the first event I ran here stock. I Still managed to shave 2 whole seconds off my previous lap time with the new setup even with a much colder track! There’s definitely more time to be found in there, but I was very happy with the initial performance.

100% stock height, only pic i could easily find with the stock wheels

Stock Height 1

Stock height 2

After Install

After install on road rally

On track with HP7 Package

On Track With HP7 Package

Please allow me to say thanks for the very thorough and detailed assessment. It's really refreshing to see someone take the time to explain their findings instead of just putting something up the length of a tweet or less about how something is so great without any detail or explanation supporting their thoughts.

Look looks like a win all the way around! It rides well, it handles better, it's faster on the track! Oh and I think it looks a lot better too.

Again thanks, and if there's anything I can do to help you with other stuff. Please let me know. I know the website is far from complete and not very fancy but I promise you I have almost any part that you will see at any major online retailer.

The following users liked this post:
Adven (01-30-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 03:05 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BTC
I've posted pics before, but I'm bored. I believe I had taken a buffer to the paint since my last pics and these were taken over Christmas right after a washing. I love the way the car sits, drives and rides. I really need wheels and tires, Sam. I had never noticed that the spoke orientation of the salad shooters differs from the driver's side to the passenger side. That's not good for obsessive compulsives.

I'm kind of a sucker for blue. My '91 1LE was a very similar kind of color. I still wish I had that car back. But when you're young you do stupid things and well I had just bought a 4th gen, the white one that started the lowering springs and all that. And I guess I just didn't think keeping the old third gen was worth it. Regrets we all have them.

Wheels wheels are not a problem! And yeah it's always driven me a little crazy that those wheels were like that. But that's not surprising. It's how GM saves money. The right front brake rotor on the front of a C6 Z06 or Grand Sport is kind of the same way. Not that you can see it externally but the vanes are backward from what they should be to efficiently pump air. Because it was cheaper to have one part number and use it on both fronts. The dumb thing was they didn't even make them straight vaned which at least would have not compromised the right front so much. Anyway sorry for digressing.

These pictures of the LT1 are particularly good. The bright color of the car and the fact it's not on some crazy unknown aftermarket wheel gives a really good indication of what the springs look like. And as always I greatly appreciate you taking and posting the pictures!

Please feel free to share your questions, comments, or photos to the shop Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/174715235890813/

The following users liked this post:
BTC (01-30-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 03:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Adven .... are those Arc-8's ? What size/offset did you end up with front and rear? The Arc-8's are on my my very short list of wheels and up till now Ive never seen them on a fcar, They sit just about perfect in the wheels wells.
Just just be careful. Because technically the bolt pattern is not exactly the same. It's close, but not the same Apex doesn't make any 5x120.65 bolt pattern wheels. They do BMW kind of wheels and wheels that will fit gen 6 Camaros. Those use 5 x120 pattern. Doesn't sound like much different and it isn't massive. But it's kind of hard on the wheel studs when they aren't centered in the holes and the tapered lug nuts are by nature self-centering when they're tightened up.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Please allow me to say thanks for the very thorough and detailed assessment. It's really refreshing to see someone take the time to explain their findings instead of just putting something up the length of a tweet or less about how something is so great without any detail or explanation supporting their thoughts.

Look looks like a win all the way around! It rides well, it handles better, it's faster on the track! Oh and I think it looks a lot better too.

Again thanks, and if there's anything I can do to help you with other stuff. Please let me know. I know the website is far from complete and not very fancy but I promise you I have almost any part that you will see at any major online retailer.
Anytime! Just trying to share the great experience i had (and continue to have for that matter)

For sure! I will definitely be reaching out later this season after i get a bit more seat time to see what i want/need next. I actually just picked up the SKF Hubs/Adapters from you a few weeks ago, but still waiting to throw them on because of winter and stuff. Very excited to have the option of running a more aggressive alignment and not smoking multiple sets of stock hubs this year.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Yes they are ARC-8's in the BMW fitment. 18x9.5 square.

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Just just be careful. Because technically the bolt pattern is not exactly the same. It's close, but not the same Apex doesn't make any 5x120.65 bolt pattern wheels. They do BMW kind of wheels and wheels that will fit gen 6 Camaros. Those use 5 x120 pattern. Doesn't sound like much different and it isn't massive. But it's kind of hard on the wheel studs when they aren't centered in the holes and the tapered lug nuts are by nature self-centering when they're tightened up.
I agree with Sam - Use caution if you decide to run them. Its damn near close but still ever so slightly off.

I personally have had no issues with the fitment of the wheel studs, stud alignment, or wheel balance; I am using hubcentric rings to assist with centering as well. Admittedly, I was playing with fire by running them with the stock studs and whatever garbage lugs.....and have since converted to ARP wheel studs and Forged Steel Lugs for extra insurance.

Anyways to keep the thread on track, here's another pic of the car with the springs installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strano Spring owners: I need your pictures