Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

D2/k-sport coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default D2/k-sport coilovers

does anybody have any experience with these..? im interested in the ride quality. i want something smooth but stiffer than the shock set up in my CTS-V... i found a deal on QA1's and also have the option of the FG2's but if im spending a grand i wanta get something nice...KW's are 2G's so thats alittle too much..

any body?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Not that it helps a lot, but I have the KW Variant 3's for $1959 shipped.....

I hate to be this blunt, but sometimes it's called for. There are a lot knock-off items out there for less than a proven, well tuned product. Dampers are one of the hardest things to sort out and build on a car. Much more complex than a set say swaybars or the springs and coil-over bits.

D2 and K-sport have no pedigree, they go into no detail about anything. They are about price, and frankly geared that way. KW's, well--you find KW technology and products on lots of proven cars, maybe most notably to folks here they are stock on the current Viper ACR. They are also extensively used in Europe in Touring Cars, and here on top level Autocross cars. They aren't Ohlins, but they are way better than the cheap stuff.

I think it's a no-brainer. You can buy the big Samsung or Sony HD TV, or a one from Wal-Mart. They both look good, for a while--but then what??? Same thing with performance parts.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: D2/k-sport coilovers