Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking to stiffen up the ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to stiffen up the ride

I am looking to keep my stock ride height if at all possible. Would I be able to get a set of adjustable shocks and keep my stock springs and firm up the stock ride a little bit? Would this be even be worth doing?
anyone with information about this please either reply to this post or email me at stiflerrox101@aol.com.
thanks in advance
Travis
Old 12-14-2003, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lots of people want to keep the stock ride height, but stiffen up the car. Shocks are probably the best way to go. I'd recommend some Koni adjustables. It would be worth doing because shocks make a huge difference in handling, especially over the stockers. And in the future, if you do decide to lower the car, you will already have some shocks that can handle it.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone use the KYB AGX shocks? they are 5 way adjustables, they are little more in my budget range. If they aren't any good i could always save up an extra month or so and go for the konis but if the KYB AGX's are decent id like to go with those...anyone using them?

will the stock springs weaken more quickly with adjustable shocks? should i get a set of BMR 1 inch springs with the shocks? i have 40k miles on my 98 z
Old 12-14-2003, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AGX are "decent", but they are by far not koni's. I'd save for the extra month if that is the differenc between buying one or the other. I think you'll be glad you went Koni.

Quick Reply: Looking to stiffen up the ride