Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best "race" springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best "race" springs?

I've been doing some research on springs and it seems that most of the springs are a little on the soft side for road racing or autocross. Does anyone have any suggestions on what springs to get if I plan on doing a lot of racing and am not worried about how the car feels on the street. There was a post on spring rates a little while back and the Eibachs seem like they wouldn't be stiff enough. From what I can tell the stiffest springs available are the Suspension Techniques? I also plan on getting Koni SA's...Suggestions??
Old 12-19-2003, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My H&R stage 2 (now called sport springs) calculated out to be 648 in lb front and 258 in lb rear. That's pretty stiff (compared to eibach and such). Another person on the board (sorry, forgot who) said H&R quoted him 590 in lb on the fronts a few years ago. Either my math is wrong or they changed springs (probably me?). Those are still streetable, I drive them daily.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:14 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Hi Trackbird , that was me. I also run the H&R sport springs great springs with revalved shocks. Alittle too low if you have SLP LT's. I scrape every now and then
Old 12-20-2003, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Roy,

When I saw that you had replied, I began to remember that you had them. I was thinking it was someone in Germany and you are the only person I could remember that was there. I want to go to the "ring". I'm quite jealous.....
Old 12-20-2003, 09:51 PM
roy
TECH Resident

track bird it is quite addicting, aand the cheapest track time I have ever done.