Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help STOP the HOP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help STOP the HOP!!!!!!!

ok i got a 98 m6 transam, its got a moser 9'' with detriot locker and 4:11's. umi double adjustable solid lca's, bmr trans mounted adjustable torque arm. stock sway bar, kyb gr2 shocks, stock springs,stock panhard, ok iam running street tires and the hop will not go away, the hop is so bad i acctually broke the torque arm off the rear!! but rewelded it and reinfored it. can sum 1 tell me what to buy to get rid off this, its such a fing headach, any help apprciated thanks matt
Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
There is so many factors that come into play with wheel hop. Such as in your case I would suggest going with a adjustable rear shock (the factories are possibly shot), And what shape are your tires in. And what air pressure are you running. Another suggestion to help trouble shot your problem would be a set of relocation brackets to allow you adjust the lower control arm parallel to the ground and even though its not lowered you will improve your traction performance and help eliminate your wheel hop issue. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...gbgi1h8tluht76

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Like above, shocks, and maybe change your spring and check your pinion angle.Sounds like your not getting weight transfer, add adjustable shocks to the front to.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Launching!

what kinda shocks and springs do you recomend? and iam gunna put in relocation brakets and re adjust my pinion angle..
Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LCA RB's should help, also, do you have a relocation bracket to get the torque arm off of the transmission? I don't know if it'll help with launching, but if it's that violent it might save your tranny!!!!

Also, a larger rear sway bar should help too

Quick Reply: Help STOP the HOP!!!!!!!