Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone with drag bag set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Anyone with drag bag set up

I was wanting to get your opinions on the drag bag setup. I have a 00 WS6 and I have rolled my fenders and on the pass side I still get a little bit or rubbing. Well I fig for $80 it should help. If anyone has any feedback it would be great. I know a set of QA1's would be the best but hell I don't wanna put that much out right now. So any help or input would be awesome. Concerns of mine would prob be traction issues. Like by launching the car, being it would not flex as much, would my car wanna spin more? Thx
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krissoto
I was wanting to get your opinions on the drag bag setup. I have a 00 WS6 and I have rolled my fenders and on the pass side I still get a little bit or rubbing. Well I fig for $80 it should help. If anyone has any feedback it would be great. I know a set of QA1's would be the best but hell I don't wanna put that much out right now. So any help or input would be awesome. Concerns of mine would prob be traction issues. Like by launching the car, being it would not flex as much, would my car wanna spin more? Thx
Hello
Yeah the QA1's are excellent for weight transfer when it comes to drag racing. And a few other suggestions for you would be a set of new lower control arms with at least a single adjustment option (such as 2016 or 2013) to hold up on the rear rather than a poly bushings. And also a set of relocation brackets to allow you to adjust the control arm. Even on stock height vehicles they improve traction and eliminate wheel hop. And a set of SFC's will keep the vehicle solid and eliminate any flexing issues and allow the weight to transfer.

And another must I would recommend go with a adjustable torque arm to allow you to set you pinion angle and they also allow you to adjust your instant center. We offer a tunnel mounted version (race or high HP vehicles) and we offer full length adjustable for street and strip set ups but if you are close to 425-450 hp I would highly suggest going with a relocation cross member to get the arm off the rear of the transmission so you don't have any issues breaking the mounting location. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...4qiq91gbhamaq7

Thanks Again
Brad
Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i have all of those. I have your adj lca, panhard bar, and I have an adj tq arm. But what I am trying to get away from is the fender and the tire coming in contact. Its not much but its enought. I am running a 325/50/15 and I have rolled my fenders all I can. By the way your susp parts are BADASS!!!!Thx
Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

Since you didn't mention what shocks you're currently running,is it safe to assume your still on the OEM gas-charged ?
Adj.QA1s' are non-gas-charged and the car will actually end up a little lower when compared to OEM gas-charged,BUT since compression/rebound is adjustable,travel can be somewhat controlled.
'air bags' will provide a 'lift',amount determined by pressure applied.You should 'spin less' as the the increased stiffness would put more of the 'sprung weight' on the rearend.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krissoto
well i have all of those. I have your adj lca, panhard bar, and I have an adj tq arm. But what I am trying to get away from is the fender and the tire coming in contact. Its not much but its enought. I am running a 325/50/15 and I have rolled my fenders all I can. By the way your susp parts are BADASS!!!!Thx
Hello
Great to hear! And thanks for choosing UMI Performance. Well like mentioned above what its going to come down to now is your spring and shock combo. Do you still have the factory rear spring in or is it lowered? If its lowered you will need to have a factory spring in the rear of the vehicle. A good rear shock will help but you have to make sure you have it on a firmer setting (so that will limit your adjustment settings). Anyways get back to me with what for spring you have in the vehicle and we can go from there.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Anyone with drag bag set up