Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock Install question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line Lock Install question

Anyone got a guide on how to install a Line Lock? I figure while I got the rear end, motor and tranny out of the car I might as well do some spring cleaning on the engine bay and install this Line Lock I have sitting around.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Did you get the SLP unit or the Thunder Racing one? I am going with the Thunder Racing unit because it's slightly higher quality and the solinoid is rebuildable. They both come with pre-bent lines and instructions.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 14u2nv
Did you get the SLP unit or the Thunder Racing one? I am going with the Thunder Racing unit because it's slightly higher quality and the solinoid is rebuildable. They both come with pre-bent lines and instructions.
I got mine from Summit, its made by TCI. My dad got it for me for christmas.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Call Thunder Racing maybe they will sell you the install kit(pre-bent lines and such).
Old 01-04-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

I got mine from SLP and it easy to install it took me 1.5 hr and works great
Old 01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Place the solenoid between the master cyl and the ABS unit on the FRONT brake lines. Since there are no pre-formed lines available for your TCI unit, you will have to come up with something that works. Do not use compression type adapters, you need to use double flared tube ends (if your not bubble flaring them) and the appropriate mating fittings. If you do not feel this is something you want to tackle yourself, a kit may be a suggestion. You can exchange the unit you purchased and pick up a different type of solenoid, we can provide separate components if you need them.

Our three different solenoids ARE rebuildable. The kits come complete with fittings, pre-formed lines, choices in line lock solenoids, mini toggle master switch, control switch, LED master indicator, lines, electrial needs, and a schematic.

All are high quality units, cost differences are primarily from an esthetic standpoint.

Email us if you need any additional help.

Steve

Quick Reply: Line Lock Install question