Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

please recommend me and advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default please recommend me and advise

Hi guys , I'll order this month suspension for my 2001 M6 WS6 , are there missed parts must be added ? the engine is LSX and the LSX is iron what springs u recommend me to go with ? and what other parts should i add

thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails please recommend me and advise-suspension.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 08:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your rear suspension. The set up that you have sounds really great! The Poly/Rod will hold up great. And you asked about the springs. What are you plans for the vehicle? If its going to be a street car and you want it to handle great then yes that set up is great. But if you are looking for more of a straight line performance I would suggest going with a front coil over set up with a good adjustable rear shock and maintain your factory rear spring. But what it comes down too is like I mentioned above is what are your plans for the vehicle and how do you want it do handle/perform. When you have a chance get back to me and I will be more than glad to point you in the right direction. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your rear suspension. The set up that you have sounds really great! The Poly/Rod will hold up great. And you asked about the springs. What are you plans for the vehicle? If its going to be a street car and you want it to handle great then yes that set up is great. But if you are looking for more of a straight line performance I would suggest going with a front coil over set up with a good adjustable rear shock and maintain your factory rear spring. But what it comes down too is like I mentioned above is what are your plans for the vehicle and how do you want it do handle/perform. When you have a chance get back to me and I will be more than glad to point you in the right direction. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

hey brad Thank you for the rapid response btw check your email and let us make the deal there
Old 04-13-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

What's your goal?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28bryan
What's your goal?
This.....

Also, LT1 prokits seem to be much better reviewed than the LS1 prokits (better rates and less quality problems). I'd still recommend Strano's or BMR though

And, maybe there's a good reason for it, but is the k-member necessary?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

I can see you wanting to save weight in the front with the iron lsx going in there but really I'd go with a better shock if you're spending this much money
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

While I was browsing over the other threads, I came upon where you mention you're putting in a 454 block for the street. I think the other day we were categorizing what's considered overkill. I think this one wins, hahaha. Good luck putting that power down. That's gonna be one bad *** car street car though gonna be fightin off the females with that
Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
This.....

Also, LT1 prokits seem to be much better reviewed than the LS1 prokits (better rates and less quality problems). I'd still recommend Strano's or BMR though

And, maybe there's a good reason for it, but is the k-member necessary?
i found it , i'll run with this package it has QA1 springs/shocks and it's adjustable , yep the Kmember is necessary for my setup because i wanna save all what i can from the weight

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
I can see you wanting to save weight in the front with the iron lsx going in there but really I'd go with a better shock if you're spending this much money
+1 correct i appreciate your answer , i'll Spend about $45.000 on the bird , the engine costs $24.000 the rearend $3.446 and the suspension about $3000 .

While I was browsing over the other threads, I came upon where you mention you're putting in a 454 block for the street. I think the other day we were categorizing what's considered overkill. I think this one wins, hahaha. Good luck putting that power down. That's gonna be one bad *** car street car though gonna be fightin off the females with that

that will be badass setup , the engine will pulls 650-700RWHP N/A and +1000RWHP with the spray
Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I just noticed your location is in Kuwait. How many ls1's do they got over there?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just noticed your location is in Kuwait. How many ls1's do they got over there?
maybe +10000 ? alot of fbody's and corvettes we have here

Quick Reply: please recommend me and advise