Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

CTS-V caliper pins... which is the right pin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CTS-V caliper pins... which is the right pin?

i bought a set of CTS-V calipers and had them powder coated. when the calipers were returned to me they had 3 pins that were the same 1 pin that was different. the different pin actually seems like it fits the caliper better. the 3 that are the same seem like they move around a little when seated. if anyone can let me know i would appreciate it also is an attached file photo i found of a CTS-V front brembo 4 pot caliper. let me know which of my pins you think matches the pin in the photo
Attached Thumbnails CTS-V caliper pins... which is the right pin?-caliper-pin.jpg   CTS-V caliper pins... which is the right pin?-caliper-pin-1.jpg   CTS-V caliper pins... which is the right pin?-3-1.jpg  

Last edited by jastone; 04-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jastone
i bought a set of CTS-V calipers and had them powder coated. when the calipers were returned to me they had 3 pins that were the same 1 pin that was different. the different pin actually seems like it fits the caliper better. the 3 that are the same seem like they move around a little when seated. if anyone can let me know i would appreciate it also is an attached file photo i found of a CTS-V front brembo 4 pot caliper. let me know which of my pins you think matches the pin in the photo
Sounds to me like they gave you back one pin from someone else's caliper. As far as I know, all 4 pins should be the same. I haven't had mine out yet though, so I can't be sure, but it makes no sense to have 3 of one and 1 of another.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure which one is correct (3 vs 1), but they should all be the same...I just installed mine a couple wks ago and they were all 4 the same, but can't say with certainty which one looks like the ones I have. Its odd that the different one fits better, are the other ones loose (3) and could possibly back out?

Quick Reply: CTS-V caliper pins... which is the right pin?