Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How bad is torque arm vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How bad is torque arm vibration?

I just installed an adjustable torque arm and i set it at -2 pinion angle seems okay i feel vibration but im not sure if its the road or the torque arm.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Launching!

rod end or poly? You definately will feel and hear more road noise/vibration w/ the rod ended version.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rod end torque arm? I think it mostly depends on if you're TA is full length or tunnel mounted, the tunnel mounted arms tend to bring more vibration into the cabin, while the full length versions usually don't cause any problems.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a rod end from umi its at -2 degrees as of now i took out the back seats so there is more road noise from that just wondering how loud the torque arm vibration would so I could pick it out.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by headed-ws6
Its a rod end from umi its at -2 degrees as of now i took out the back seats so there is more road noise from that just wondering how loud the torque arm vibration would so I could pick it out.
Hello
As long as everything is torqued to spec. There shouldn't be that much road noise. But if you have your pinion angle happens to be off then you will get a vibration around 60-70 mph. And seeing how you are using a tunnel mounted arm you are going to feel/hear a little road noise due to the cross member being mounted right under the front seats. If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call. I am in the office M-F 8-4:30 EST. And I will be more than glad to explain some solutions over the phone so there is not confusion.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a full length I forgot to add that sorry for the confusion. i drove it to school today and it did just fine nothing out of the ordinary, but then again i didnt get above 45mph. Im assuming if it was out of angle i would know right away?