Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake calipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake calipers

HI- Can't seem to find a vendor that sells "just" the aftermarket performance binders only -most are kits, I already purchased new cross drilled rotors, pads & SS Lines. Looking for BAER, BREMBO, STOPTECH,SSBC etc. type calipers.

thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

You're not going to find anything other than stock calipers that will mate to stock sized rotors and pads. Both rotors and pads for aftermarket calipers are immensely different in shape and size than stock sized parts.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that the c5 and c5 z06 calipers are the same dimensions as the 4th gen f-body, not sure though. you shouldn't have to run the trackbrackets cause you already have the stock rotors. though i can't see any benefit in doing this since 4th gen f bodies and c5 vettes calipers are practically the same. only difference i konw of is the c5 vette caliper is pressure cast where the 4th gen f-body is gravity cast. if you want brembo u could look at the sticky in this section posted by wesmanw02. he has a great writeup on the cts-v (brembo 4 piston) upgrade for 4th gen f-bodies. anyway you pretty much narrowed your selection by already buying the rotors lines and pads.

Last edited by jastone; 04-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

hmmmm -ok then i'll send my existing calipers to www.thepowdercoater.com and have them done.
I know the OEM F-body brake system is very good. THANKS