Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Low Speed Brake Pulsating

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low Speed Brake Pulsating

When slowly coming to a stop, say like down a hill from 10-0 or 5-0, the brakes grab unevenly and cause your body to lean forward as if I were letting off and getting back on the brakes. At higher speeds, braking on the offramp, there is a slight shutter and feedback in the pedal, but not nearly as bad as very low speeds. Is this a warped rotor or something else?

A few months after I installed hawk pads I got an ABS inop light that I still have. Brake shop told me it was the EBCM that was bad, got a used one from a junkyard, it didn't help. It is in a tight space and couldn't get the EBCM back in there so it's not hooked up right now and hasn't been for months. Also, when I tried to lube everything up during the brake job, I was unable to remove one of the slides on the driver's side caliper. Not sure if any of that is significant to my problem. Pads are Hawk HP ferro-carbon, fairly new, rotors are powerslot and are a few years old.

I was going to just throw new rotors (blanks this time) on, but I wonder if it's something else. I almost want to take it in somewhere because I don't always have a lot of time to work on it, but that can get costly, and I don't trust many places. What should I do?

Last edited by Marc3.4V6; 05-06-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

pulse is usually warped rotors..........if a shop said my ABS was bad..........i would pay the stealership to do a digag on it.........the pins ALWAYS freeze in the brackets.....get em out and relube

Quick Reply: Low Speed Brake Pulsating