Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installing springs/shocks in the next few weeks

The setup will be:

Strano Springs
Koni 4/4 Shocks
UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar

Ill be getting this installed in the next 2 to 3 weeks. So my main questions right now are, is there anything else i need to buy that are usefull or necessary? I just want to try and have all the parts in hand and just about have everything covered in order to make the installation as smooth as it possibly can be.

Also, on the Koni's. What are you guys setting them at?? And what is the lower perch mod or something like that?

Any help is appreciated guys.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the springs and shocks just waiting on the time to install them. I have heard it is nice to have some new top strut mounts in case the others are destroyed getting them apart. I will buy those before I start and return them if not needed. You will also need some spring compressors. The autozone near me rents them for $50. If you bought them from Sam he will help you with the settings. The lower perch is used with stock springs not lowering springs. Which Panhard bar did you buy?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

don't forget your relocation brackets
Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same install I will be doing.....except I will be a few weeks behind you. I am going to wait for the relocation brackets and LCAs for the next round of suspension mods.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99zee
I have the springs and shocks just waiting on the time to install them. I have heard it is nice to have some new top strut mounts in case the others are destroyed getting them apart. I will buy those before I start and return them if not needed. You will also need some spring compressors. The autozone near me rents them for $50. If you bought them from Sam he will help you with the settings. The lower perch is used with stock springs not lowering springs. Which Panhard bar did you buy?
Thanks for the info, ill buy some new top strut mounts as well just to be on the safe side. Ive got this panhard bar from UMI.....

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=355
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hlaalu
don't forget your relocation brackets
What will i need relocation brackets for?? The Panhard Bar? I thought you only needed relocation brackets if you wanted to run a dual exhaust system over the axle?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Badguy7
What will i need relocation brackets for?? The Panhard Bar? I thought you only needed relocation brackets if you wanted to run a dual exhaust system over the axle?
He's talking about LCA relocation brackets, not the panhard bar relocation. And you don't really need LCA relocation brackets. Depends on what you want to do with the car. If you drag race, you might want relocation brackets to correct the geometry to help plant the tires when launching. Handling situations though you won't need them. They could actually hurt your steering control and increase oversteer if you got them and put them in the lowest hole.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28bryan
He's talking about LCA relocation brackets, not the panhard bar relocation. And you don't really need LCA relocation brackets. Depends on what you want to do with the car. If you drag race, you might want relocation brackets to correct the geometry to help plant the tires when launching. Handling situations though you won't need them. They could actually hurt your steering control and increase oversteer if you got them and put them in the lowest hole.
Ahh ok.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info, ill buy some new top strut mounts as well just to be on the safe side. Ive got this panhard bar from UMI.....

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=355
Cool, Thats the one Brad recommended to me.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

They are recommend for all lowered cars to improve the instant center position, so I've read.

Quick Reply: installing springs/shocks in the next few weeks