Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What torque arm for XS or LPP headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Default What torque arm for XS or LPP headers

I did a search on this and found no answer. I have XS headers(that have been hanging on my wall now for two years) and will probably be getting a torque arm soon. These headers have been out for a while and I am wanting to know what T/A people are using.

The XS are similar to the LPP's but not exactly the same. I wish I would have waited and bought the newer version of the LPP's. Oh well.

Thanks for help.

Jason
Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

I forgot to mention I will be using one of the UMI adjustable T/A, full length and the one that mounts to the cross member.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
It really doesn't matter what headers you are running. Its more along the lines are you running a Y pipe or a X. And I noticed you have one of our full length adjustable torque arms. And to maintain a great ride quality on the street and make the drive-train bullet proof. I would just suggest going with a torque arm relocation cross member. And get the arm off of the rear of your transmission. And still be able to run any exhaust combo you want. It all will just depend on what trans you are running. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...dm6pk0ml5qi412

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't have a t/a yet but I think for my needs I need a full length arm and the relocation kit. I am running a y pipe. I saw and Strano's site there were two t/a. I think one was for kooks and the other I don't remember. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Would you suggest the type of relocation bracket you listed above or would this work?

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=103&ModelID=8
Old 05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

If you are going to run a full length TA and a TA Relocation bracket, then the headers don't matter. There are different setups for the tunnel mount TA's if you have Kooks headers or stock exhaust, or other header setups.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: What torque arm for XS or LPP headers