Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My new suspension parts. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default My new suspension parts. What do you think?

I just bought a sphon adjustable tunnel mount torque arm, sphon adjustable panhard bar, UMI adjustable lower control arms, Hotchkiss (or however you spell it) 1" drop springs, QA1 12 way adjustable shocks for the front and rear, and LCA relocation brackets for my 9". Is anyone running a similar set up? Ive got about 430 to the tires and a 150 shot to add to it. If youre running a similar set up let me know what your 60' time is so I can know about what to expect.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds great if you are only looking to go in a straight line!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Teching In

With or without drag radials at the track would be important to know...? Also drop springs are going to suck for traction.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThumperNC24
sounds great if you are only looking to go in a straight line!
Ha thats the fastest way to get there!

Yea im gonna buy some convo pros 15X8.5 rear with a 9" wide 28" tall slick and 4.56 gears.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea im gonna hang onto my stock ones just in case. I have a buddy with these springs and they are workin good for him. My car sits up as high as a truck. I had to do something. If it winds up being a big pain and it just still wont hook then im gonna put the stock ones back on it. I just want looks and style but one thing I know is that its hard to look bad when your car is the one that is out in front!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

I ran my car with the Spohn pro-series crossmember-mounted adj. torque arm, Spohn double adj. lca's/weld in reloc brackets, Spohn pro-series adj. drag sway bar, Spohn double adj. ph bar with a heavy *** s60 rearend, stock shocks, eibach sportline springs(very drastic drop) and 26" MT drag radials to get a 1.6 sixty four times in a row N/A runs(with no traction issues whatsoever). Car has MS3/PRC 5.3 Stg 2.5 full boltons and I just swapped the springs for Strano's and added drag shocks so I can't wait to hit the track. I also plan to hit with a 150-175 shot off the line. I still need to add sfc's though I've been thinking of fabbing my own though. Hope this gives you an idea. You might wanna consider a rear drag sway bar to keep the car launching straight when you hit the juice!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by conde'strans
I ran my car with the Spohn pro-series crossmember-mounted adj. torque arm, Spohn double adj. lca's/weld in reloc brackets, Spohn pro-series adj. drag sway bar, Spohn double adj. ph bar with a heavy *** s60 rearend, stock shocks, eibach sportline springs(very drastic drop) and 26" MT drag radials to get a 1.6 sixty four times in a row N/A runs(with no traction issues whatsoever). Car has MS3/PRC 5.3 Stg 2.5 full boltons and I just swapped the springs for Strano's and added drag shocks so I can't wait to hit the track. I also plan to hit with a 150-175 shot off the line. I still need to add sfc's though I've been thinking of fabbing my own though. Hope this gives you an idea. You might wanna consider a rear drag sway bar to keep the car launching straight when you hit the juice!
Yea I am looking to get a drag sway bar also. Does this really help though because if you read on BMR's website the advertise the drag bar for cars that are running lots faster than I am. Im looking to be in the 10s. Also are you a M6 or a A4?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Yea I am looking to get a drag sway bar also. Does this really help though because if you read on BMR's website the advertise the drag bar for cars that are running lots faster than I am. Im looking to be in the 10s. Also are you a M6 or a A4?
With the mods you have and spraying a 150 shot off the line YES it will definitely help you! Don't wanna take off lose control and hit the wall now do you? Mine is an A4.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by conde'strans
With the mods you have and spraying a 150 shot off the line YES it will definitely help you! Don't wanna take off lose control and hit the wall now do you? Mine is an A4.
Ok thanks for the advice. I will def. get one now. I wish they werent so dang expensive though.

Quick Reply: My new suspension parts. What do you think?