Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering with crossmember tq arm

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lowering with crossmember tq arm

ok so i really want to lower my car i hate the gap between the finder and the tire, but my problem is i have a sphoon long tube crossmember mounted tq arm and it scrapes every once and a while the way it is now. i plan on doing strano springs and some kind a shock to match it, how bad is my ground clearance gona be and do you think i can get away with just getting the regular crossmember from sphoon and it will work. i also plan on getting 18's and 19's z06's later so i guess that will help bring it up a lil to. what its your suggestions in this situation, thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you have to weigh in which one would you rather have the most and beneficial to you?

You can be lowered and have a cake too but you have to sell your sphon and get either a BMR T/A or UMI T/A that is full length w/ adj. relocation bracket
Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

And here I thought I was the only one! I actually have 18/19 C6ZO6 wheels with Strano springs and the Spohn longtube crossmember mounted torque arm and feel your pain. I also want to get the regular crossmember mount cuz there's plenty of clearance between the tube and the mount with the one I have so the regular one should work perfectly.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by conde'strans
And here I thought I was the only one! I actually have 18/19 C6ZO6 wheels with Strano springs and the Spohn longtube crossmember mounted torque arm and feel your pain. I also want to get the regular crossmember mount cuz there's plenty of clearance between the tube and the mount with the one I have so the regular one should work perfectly.
so how does ur set up ride an what shocks do u use. sweet car those rims look nice.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

It rides pretty stiff since I'm going with a drag setup with the suspension and stuff but it's not a daily driver. It has Comp. Engineering 3 way adj. drag shocks on it.

Quick Reply: lowering with crossmember tq arm