Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help installing rear Hals.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing rear Hals.

I just wanted some basic steps to get me through and if there were any special procedures that I need to perform in order to installing these correctly. Im not replacing the springs, Im using the stock ones. Im concentrating on the rear as of right now, but more than likely Im going to need some help with the fronts. But for now, I was wondering if someone could please walk me through this. I spent a lot of money on these shocks and I certainly dont want to install them wrong. Thank you so much.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Man! I feel like a total idiot! I cant even figure out how the rear shocks come out! This is my first time ever to mess with the shocks. So on top of the help that I need installing them, I need to know how to remove the old ones. Thanks. By the way, Im in the middle of doing this...so I kind of need help asap.

Last edited by ThaBeaSSt; 01-12-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Well...with a little use of the search feature, I found the answer to the rear removal shock! Yay! LOL Anyhow, I still gotta do the other side, but I wanted to know if I need to install the rear Hals a certain way because the front instructions seem to be so critical. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

did you compare shock length, on my frends ws6, the hals were shorter and with stock springs they were fully extended at normal ride hieght with stock springs, needed lowering springs. just my experience.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

They were shorter! I compressed both the stock DeCarbons and the Hals and the Hals were shorter. I hope I got the right ones. Im going to hold off on the install until I get more replies. Thanks for the info though.

C'mon guys...wheres the help! LOL
Old 01-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

The rears are actually very simple. The rears are not as critical as the front and take like 1/8th the time to install the fronts. I assume you already installed the shocks?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

No...not yet. I just removed the factory ones. I wanted to wait and see what responses I would get before I jump into anything. I didnt know if I had to take any special procedures before or during installation. By the way, what do you Hal users set your settings to for the street and for the track? Thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 01:05 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

No special tricks for the installation of the rears. Here is the article I used to install mine:

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=8

Quick Reply: Need help installing rear Hals.