Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Buying a rear end without brakes... parts list to complete brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying a rear end without brakes... parts list to complete brakes?

I have a lead on a rear end from an LS1 car with 5k miles on it. Only catch is that it doesn't have the brakes on it, and since the car it's going on to is an LT1 car the brakes aren't a direct swap without changing the axles (which I'd much rather have the 5k mile axles on it than the 170k ones in my current rear end )

Can anyone tell me what parts I would need to complete the brakes on an LS1 rear end? I know calipers/rotors/pads/hoses, but I'm unfamiliar with any other parts as far as brackets, etc. that are involved.

I know this is kind of an open-ended question without seeing the exact rear end I want and what parts are currently left on it, but maybe a diagram or parts list for things I can check for would be a huge help.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to pull the axles on both rears which means taking the cover off the center and removing the c-clips. After you have done this you can take your backing plates that the brakes bolton off the lt1 rear and put them on the ls1 rear. Then reasemble with your lt1 breaks on it.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get you a diagram tonight when I get home, pm me your email.

Quick Reply: Buying a rear end without brakes... parts list to complete brakes?