Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tyring to match shocks/springs to my other suspension parts for street drag setup.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Tyring to match shocks/springs to my other suspension parts for street drag setup.

I pretty much need to replace my back rear shock, so I figure I might as well do all 4 at the same time. I would like to order some new shocks and new springs for my car. The car is my daily, but I do use for some street running also.

I'm trying to get some affordable shocks, that will perform well in a straight line , but still be friendly enough to daily drive...I'm basically looking for anything that will perform better than the delcarbons.

I'm not into corner carving, but don't want sloppy handling for everyday driving. And the car will only see the track maybe twice a year but I would like something that would perform a little better for straight line street runs.

My current suspension setup is factory, but I have parts at my house that are waiting to be put on. (Car is pushing almost 400rwhp),

They are all UMI:

-Double adjustable w/ roto joint LCAs
-LCA relocates
-Double adjustable w/ roto joint panhard bar
-2 point SFCs

I'm ordering UMI TQ Arm and relocate kit.

Am I asking too much? I just want some affordable shocks/strut combo that will be an upgrade over the factory for handling and help for some street/strip 60' time use.

I've looked into the Konis/Strano setup, but I don't really want to lower the car. (Plus it's a little pricey for me at this time.)

Thank you for any input,

Matt
Old 05-31-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For the price I say go with a set of Bilsteins Front and rear.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have SLP bilsteins. I'm able to get decent traction on the street with them. I was able to cut a 1.989 60 foot at Sac Raceway on street tires and stock suspension, short of the SLP's and Ground Control coilovers.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for input. I had Bilsteins from Tire Rack.com on my last TA, they did pretty well.

Anyone else have any input?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The kyb agx are not a bad shock.They work decent for 1/4 mile, street and autocross. They are reasonable priced and I have/had them on my 96z28 and my 99TT. They don't like big drops but are fine with mild drops like 1inch or so.
My 96z28 was dropped with hotchkis springs but put it back to stock height since our roads are pathetic here. So now running the kyb on stock springs.

My 99 TT was running slp eibach firehawk springs. And kyb agx. My car dropped from my iron 408 swap and from my twin turbo kit. I went to normal springs with the kyb agx which had on the firehawk springs but my front is still too dropped so bought strange double adjustable coilovers for front and back of the 99. I have installed the back and not the front yet. I got the street front springs 300 lb. the backs seem fine in everyday use . Will be installing the fronts over next week or two. But they should be fine.Even strange single adjustable would likely be fine I just wanted top of the line.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Well my car will stay stock height, and would like to buy shocks/springs once instead of trying different setups.

So a good true on car adjustable shock and good matching spring rate would be?

Quick Reply: Tyring to match shocks/springs to my other suspension parts for street drag setup.