Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Suspension for a Straight Line Street Car

Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Suspension for a Straight Line Street Car

Ok so ive been slowly building my 2000 ss into a street warrior. Now its time for suspension and a new rear end.
Going with a 12 bolt with 3.73 gears.

Now im looking for the key suspension parts for a car that is being built for a straight line, but is also a dd but only like 2-3 miles a day. Im going to have 15x3.5s up front year round so im obviously not worried about taking any corners.

Everything is completely stock and i no longer have bumpstops as they were cut out for my current tires.

What are some of yalls suggestions while remaining budget friendly.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed you are looking for suspension suggestions for your vehicle. And below is all of the part #'s and descriptions of what my suggestions would be for maximum performance.

201621- Single adjustable LCA's and Pan Hard Bar. Will still maintain a great ride quality with the poly bushing on the chassis side and keep the rod end on the rear end which will hold up better than a poly bushing allowing the rear to articulate if needed which will eliminate any binding issues.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=141

2012- Lower control arm relocation brackets- Allow you to adjust the LCA's so they are parallel to the surface eliminating wheel hop and increasing your traction performance.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=117

So that should do if for your rear end suspension. With this particular kit I am sure you will not be disappointed in the outcome of the performance. And when you have a chance I would also suggest a set of SFC's and a good set of adjustable shock and possibly a front coil over set up to help with weight transfer.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Others won't recommend it but I daily drive my car with a Wolfe rear sway bar. It's a must for consistent launches and keeping both tires planted evenly and keeping it straight.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

I have BMR adj lower control arms (to center the rear tires the best I can in the wheel well.

BMR Panhard bar.. to again center the axle under the car.. And Anti- squat brackets.. because my car is lowered..

and a BMR rear sway bar..

I love the products and I can launch hard with no wheel hop..
Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Great suggestions so far and ill definetely being going with UMI as it has been suggested before anyways. Ill look more into the rear sway bar.

How would UMI's qa1 package with 300lb springs do in the front? And are qa1s any problems with a DD?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MaroMan
Great suggestions so far and ill definetely being going with UMI as it has been suggested before anyways. Ill look more into the rear sway bar.

How would UMI's qa1 package with 300lb springs do in the front? And are qa1s any problems with a DD?
Hello
Great to hear! Now with a 300lb front spring that is the best all around street and strip set up! I would highly suggest making sure you get the spanner wrench and thrush bearings to allow you to adjust the ride height. But if you are looking for maximum weight transfer the front coil over is for sure the way to go! If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Suspension for a Straight Line Street Car