Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How bad is the Eibach Pro Kit for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad is the Eibach Pro Kit for drag racing?

Ive got the car in sig with 315 dr's putting down well over 500rwhp. Am I going to have a horrible 60' time and are these springs to soft that I will risk damaging something on the launch? I do have a set of stock springs i could throw in but I dont really want to get rid of the lowered look.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

Also have bilstein shocks all around as well. not sure if those are bad too.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Banned

From someone that has had a prokit on my car before I particularly think they are way too soft. I could be wrong but I thinky they're rated at 132 lbs. I didn't have them long before I went to some 160 lb.er's from ground control. Even the Eibach "drag" springs are too soft. They induce squat which is not productive to an effective launch. A good launch at the track really comes from the front suspension and lots of articulation.

The prokit slams the rear pretty hard.

On the strip you will most likely get way too much squat. Stocker springs (140 lbs.) with the isoloters removed and some rubber hose around the top coil would be better honestly. I don't think you'll damage anything with the prokit, that's what bumpstops are for, and if you get a good hook you'll probably hit them.

Lemme guess, you removed your bumpstops for 315's? If you did than don't get it. You'll likely hit a rear fender, bend it, or slash up your tires with any weight in the back. I personally hate a prokit for anything other than looks.

Bilstein's aren't a bad all around shock and they dampen the prokit alliright. Although some custom valved ones would be better.

Soft rear springs make these cars drive like ***. I hope this helps your decision.

Last edited by joblo1978; 06-20-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Well the thing is I bought the car with the eibach springs already
on it. I do still have the bump stops on. Is there a possibility that I could send my tq arm through the floor with too soft of a spring?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978
From someone that has had a prokit on my car before I particularly think they are way too soft. I could be wrong but I thinky they're rated at 132 lbs. I didn't have them long before I went to some 160 lb.er's from ground control. Even the Eibach "drag" springs are too soft. They induce squat which is not productive to an effective launch. A good launch at the track really comes from the front suspension and lots of articulation.

The prokit slams the rear pretty hard.

On the strip you will most likely get way too much squat. Stocker springs (140 lbs.) with the isoloters removed and some rubber hose around the top coil would be better honestly. I don't think you'll damage anything with the prokit, that's what bumpstops are for, and if you get a good hook you'll probably hit them.

Lemme guess, you removed your bumpstops for 315's? If you did than don't get it. You'll likely hit a rear fender, bend it, or slash up your tires with any weight in the back. I personally hate a prokit for anything other than looks.

Bilstein's aren't a bad all around shock and they dampen the prokit alliright. Although some custom valved ones would be better.
FYI stock rear springs are 114lbs/in linear, and the LS1 prokit is progressive 80-137lbs/in.

Soft rear springs make these cars drive like ***. I hope this helps your decision.
*Low rear springs make these cars drive like ***. Stock springs are relatively soft, and with the right shock valving they will drive and handle great.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

there good on the street but i would go with some full drags at the strip its easy to brake something with 315's
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

im really afraid that if i run at the track with these springs they are going to be too soft and that i will send my body mount tq arm through the floor. Is this a possibility? I was told this by someone else who seemed to know there ****. but i was also told differently by another reputable person.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97lt1stangstomper
there good on the street but i would go with some full drags at the strip its easy to brake something with 315's

Are you suggesting that he should change his tires? WTF does that have to do with the question being posed?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gmmusclecarman
im really afraid that if i run at the track with these springs they are going to be too soft and that i will send my body mount tq arm through the floor. Is this a possibility? I was told this by someone else who seemed to know there ****. but i was also told differently by another reputable person.

I've never ever seen a torque arm go through a floor, and I've seen some let go violently. Matter of fact, a local guy had a torque arm snap and banged the tunnel hard enough to set off the airbags, but it didn't penetrate. My bet, and I'm willing to place a cash wager, is that it will 60' like **** and you have nothing to worry about.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

sportline springs here with bilstein shocks. 1.6's

Quick Reply: How bad is the Eibach Pro Kit for drag racing?