Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP! UMI T/A wont Fit 9"

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! UMI T/A wont Fit 9"

trying to get the car together and get some miles on it before a race on saturday and the dam T/A isnt cooperating. Its got two sets of holes and the inside set do not fit, the bar hits the floor.. which set of holes do i use? the outers? does anyone have pictures of what they grinded to make fit? i did try searching last night and this morning and nothing specific. i called UMI and he told me to cut a little material off but a picture is way more helpful at this time!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I was the person you talked to today when you called in! And seeing how your bracket is hitting the tunnel area that is a normal issues with any aftermarket mount (due to they are more beefier than stock). And it can either clearance itself or you can massage the area for it so there is not clearance issue. I was a little confused on the phone (my mistake and sorry about that you will not have to cut anything) but other than that is should slide on with no issues. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-30-2010, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Is it a Moser 9"? I have pictures somewhere but I can't find them yet. If it is a Moser you can slide the torque arm bracket to the next set of holes with out trimming. If there is something stopping it from sliding on further find out what it is, it could be just a build up of powder coat or something on the torque arm bracket on the rear end. If you can send us pictures that would help too.

Ryan

Edit- I didn't know Brad was posting... but I will leave my post up as well.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was trying to mount it on the outside set of holes, i will try tonight and see what happens with the other set! thanks guys