Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone tried Ebay LCA relocation brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone tried Ebay LCA relocation brackets?

I was just wondering if anyone had tried any of the LCA relocation brackets on ebay? They are made by founders performance. Made out of 3/16" steel that is cnc cut and cnc formed. Just wondering if anyone has tried them and if so if you liked them? and if the quality is good?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
I was just wondering if anyone had tried any of the LCA relocation brackets on ebay? They are made by founders performance. Made out of 3/16" steel that is cnc cut and cnc formed. Just wondering if anyone has tried them and if so if you liked them? and if the quality is good?
I had no problems w/ them, worked great. Just bought a fab 9" rearend w/ lca brackets welded on so I'm selling mine. Let me know if interested.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

They look on par with the other vendors that sell them. i dont think there would be any reason not to try them.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Just something to think about. I am not saying anything bad about the product. But you have to be careful on what you buy on Ebay. Ask if they have been tested and if they have what type of HP did that car have. Were is it made here or China or anyplace else? That is one thing about our products we don't just throw it out their for the customers to test for us. We have products in testing that we completed last year that will be ready shortly. But we put all our products through heck and back. Just so you (the customer) don't have any issues. Like I mentioned I hope I didn't put a bad taste in your mouth but I would get in touch with the manufacture.

Just looking out for ya,
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

They are completely fine and in my case fixed the rear-end centering slightly. As with any LCA relocation brackets (BMR/UMI) they have a high probability of shifting the rear end forward or back, so you should also consider adjustable rear lower control arms when you purchase any relocation brackets. I have put the Founders relocation brackets through 18 1/4 mile passes, and 11 1/8th mile passes, 2-3 months of daily driving, and 3 or 4 canyon runs, paired with stock LCAs. They are not showing any signs of stress or fracturing. Apparently they are clones of J&M relocation brackets, right down to the powdercoater.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I knew how they were making a profit at those prices....
Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I appreciate all the input, UMI i know that you guys make great products, have your 3 pt sfc and adjustable PHB, great pieces. I just saw this, their add says it is made in USA, they look pretty decent, i do not know if they have been tested much that is why I posted on here. I just thought like you said for the money that they may be worth trying out.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

They are made in the USA. All their products are from what I have seen. Products look and seem comparible, however, there are some that say otherwise. I am running their panhard with no problems. And I can say that they have great customer service. They apparently make parts for Mustangs too and they sent me a Mustang panhard on accident. One email and I got a replacement in the mail and they didnt hassle me to send the old one back either. Which would have been an inconvenient trip to ups for their mistake. They are ok in my book.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So relocation brackets will move my rear-end forward or bakwards a certain amount???? If I get non-adjustable ones....how do I know how far its gonna move and in what direction???

I have LG LCA's attched to stock mounting points.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS6427
So relocation brackets will move my rear-end forward or bakwards a certain amount???? If I get non-adjustable ones....how do I know how far its gonna move and in what direction???

The relocation brackets are meant for moving the control arms up and down to adjust the angle that the control arms are at. I believe that the guy that posted that was saying some will be off and move the rearend side to side.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

I have seen them online as well and all I have heard was good things about there product.

Now you need to look at the thickness of the metal and what kind of metal they used. Some say this is were they are able to sell them for the price they do. It not the same as UMI/BMR.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is what their add said for them, 3/16" CNC Laser Cut Cold Rolled Steel .

I do not know what BMR or UMI uses does anyone else, I looked on UMI site and couldnt find anything
Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just found that in BMR add it said the exact same thing, anyone know about what UMI uses for sure?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Just found that in BMR add it said the exact same thing, anyone know about what UMI uses for sure?
I know this is a little late but I was talking about the other products they have listed like the Control arms and panhard rod.

As for the LCA bracket it might be the same as UMI/BMR
Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

They are made of the same **** bc they are copies of the well established companies products. Thats one reason why they are so cheap.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

It is different on every car. On many cars regardless of brand they move the rear end further back towards the back of the car. The only way you can know is to install them, load the suspension, and then figure out from there.

The relocation brackets are meant for moving the control arms up and down to adjust the angle that the control arms are at. I believe that the guy that posted that was saying some will be off and move the rearend side to side.
What happens is the holes in any brand of LCA relocation brackets can be in the wrong spot for your individual car, causing the LCAs to be way further forward or backwards aside from the rotation arc, or the LCA mounting points on the rear end itself are different. The end result is the rear end is shifted forward or backwards. This is a common issue that I've seen on many friends cars and here on LS1tech. UMI, BMR, and I'm sure others deny that their products have anything wrong with them and blame them on the installers, but the problem still remains the same regardless of installation procedure.

Here is a link to the thread that got locked:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-centered.html

People have tried various solutions from cutting off the shock absorber tab and having them aligned and welded in at the proper position, to drilling new LCA mounting holes in the relocation brackets. The makers still blame the end-user for installation error, despite the fact that there is only one way it can be installed.

Last edited by ZexGX; 07-03-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZexGX
It is different on every car. On many cars regardless of brand they move the rear end further back towards the back of the car. The only way you can know is to install them, load the suspension, and then figure out from there.
Reading through that closed thread it seems that non-adjustable, bolt-in relocation brackets are the best choice for a 100% street car. Just bolt them onto the factory frame mounts and bolt the arm up to whatever hole leaves the LCA horizontal with the ground when its loaded up. Right? I'm also lowered.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

Reading through that closed thread it seems that non-adjustable, bolt-in relocation brackets are the best choice for a 100% street car. Just bolt them onto the factory frame mounts and bolt the arm up to whatever hole leaves the LCA horizontal with the ground when its loaded up. Right? I'm also lowered.
Yes and no. It is not the bolt-in relocation brackets that are adjustable - it is the LCAs. The weld-in relocation brackets rotation can be adjusted before you weld them in. My car is lowered on a mix-n-match setup with a roughly 1 finger gap on the top side front wheels and rear wheels, and I use the lowest holes on the bolt-in Relos to make the stock LCAs level. I need to install adjustable LCA's to make the tires front to rear gap correct on both sides, but with the stock height tires it isn't too much of an issue.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the bolt in LCA relocation brackets off eBay. Quality seemed great and they have worked fine for me.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Yes and no. It is not the bolt-in relocation brackets that are adjustable - it is the LCAs. The weld-in relocation brackets rotation can be adjusted before you weld them in. My car is lowered on a mix-n-match setup with a roughly 1 finger gap on the top side front wheels and rear wheels, and I use the lowest holes on the bolt-in Relos to make the stock LCAs level. I need to install adjustable LCA's to make the tires front to rear gap correct on both sides, but with the stock height tires it isn't too much of an issue.
Oh damn, ok I see.

So since I have non-adjustable LCA's, if I just get the bolt in relocation brackets I shouldn't have any of this rear-end forward/backward movement issues, right?

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Ebay LCA relocation brackets?