Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Somethings not right

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somethings not right

Ive been thinking about this for a while and driving my car a lot while this is happening. It seems that my camber likes to change with driving conditions as if im turning or hit a bump the front tires wear bald fast. Ive had two sets.

I have a bmr k-member and umi arms, Yeah maybe i shouldn't have mix matched or something. (just an idea) the arms are tightened as tight as can be but it looks like slide around and i can feel it in the steering. I need this fixed cuz this is a daily driver and this could lead to other problems. When i was looking at the k member from underneath it looks like the lower arm brackets are bent in a little to hold the arm and might not be putting enough pressure on the bushing. (just another idea)

has this been a problem for anyone else? any ideas?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like the arms are not getting proper crush from the alignment bolts.

I would double check the bolts and mark the k-member so you can see if they are moving or not.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea Ive looked at it some more and i seems as if the brackets are a little to wide and having them tighened down causes them to bend making the pressure distribute uneven on the bushing but thats just me