Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP!!! eibach owners i need yourr help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! eibach owners i need yourr help

so i have a 1999 trans am with the lowest eibach kit and my car has been aligned and the inside of my tires are wearing to the cords because the wheels are tucking so bad... i have 9.5 inch wide rims all around with 275/40/r18 all around and i dont know what to do ... PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

when you got the alignment did they set the wheels with negative camber or did the alignment not last very long?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1

you should get your alignment checked every 6 months depending on how many miles you put on your car.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:01 AM
On The Tree

all they said was that they did all they could and that was it
Old 08-20-2010, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BadA** SS
all they said was that they did all they could and that was it

The car is running negative camber to the point where it is wearing the tires. Due to the height of the car they got it the best they could I am assuming but ran out of adjustment. A fix would be adjustable suspension items to allow more adjustment, but this gets expensive. You can also make sure you run all tires the same size and not directional and rotate them often to get max tire life out of the vehicle. Or consider a different lowering spring that won't lower the car as low as it is.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

what all suspension parts would i need to make this possible ...my plan was to change it all anyways eventually but just not right now
Old 08-20-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BadA** SS
what all suspension parts would i need to make this possible ...my plan was to change it all anyways eventually but just not right now
In all honesty if there are parts available to fix this problem you are still riding on the arguably worst springs made for our cars, I just don't see the logic in spending all the money to get bad results (unless you just like the look and can tolerate the bad ride constantly slamming the bump stops, and the poor handling). Sportlines are way too low of a drop putting you literally on the bump stops, and don't have the spring rate to compensate (there are road race guys running a higher sitting spring with roughly double the rate the sportlines have in the front[LS1 sportlines supposedly have around 500lbs/in rate])
Old 08-21-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's all in the alignment,Your problem is the alignment shop. You need to ask around and find a alignment shop that's used to working with lowered cars. I've ran up to -1.6* camber up front with only a slight amount of inner tire wear, and i currently run -.8* camber and my tires wear evenly, and that's with my front ride height set to 25.6" at the apex of the fender arch.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Quote:
Sportlines are way too low of a drop putting you literally on the bump stops.

I have them on my car and ride is a little stiff but have no issues with tire wear on my car. I did the alignment myself at my buddies shop / machine. I got it very close to spec. (Can't remember the specs). Took quite a bit of work on top and the bottom to get it there. I would guess the shop just didn't make the proper adjustments.
My .02
Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 AM
On The Tree

that car is pretty sick

Quick Reply: HELP!!! eibach owners i need yourr help