Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension newbie needs spring recommendations (yes, i tried the search)...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default suspension newbie needs spring recommendations (yes, i tried the search)...

hey guys, im looking for some lowering springs for my car to lower the car about 1" to 1.25" (no more since i have true duals). i wouldnt mind a little stiffer ride, but i dont want anything too hard because my car is mainly for 1/4 mile racing. i was thinking about BMR springs since they supposedly lower the car 1" and their spring rates are fairly close to stock? i was comparing them to the pro kit, and theyre not quite as low, and not quite as stiff which sounds ideal for what im looking for. would these be a good choice (main reason i ask is because ive found a few threads of people complaining about BMR products and i dont want to buy an inferior product)? any others worth taking a look at? thanks for any help!

Old 01-24-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/132053-eibach-sway-bars.html
Old 01-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Teching In

I am thinking of going with the BMR springs also. I have heard alot of good comments about them. Most people say the same thing about the drop not being too much. You will always have people with varying opinions.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

1" is practically unnoticeable IMHO, especially for the money you are going to spend. either drop it more, or don't at all. otherwise, if you do a 1" drop, the only real thing dropping will be your money, not your car. my .02.