Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone running Bilstein HD with stock LT1 springs on LS1 car

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone running Bilstein HD with stock LT1 springs on LS1 car

I have a brand new set of Bilstein HD's for the front of my car. My car is a 99 Z28 and I no longer have my stock LS1 front coil springs, however I can get my hands on a set of LT1 front springs really cheap. How would this setup work? I am not looking to make the car any lower or do anything spectacular with it. I am not going AutoXing or anything like that, just trying to turn the car back into something I can drive comfortably on the street. Will these make the car higher or lower than stock in the front? I know the spring rates are different but I didn't know if the actual height of the springs is different (I had heard LS1 springs were taller). Someone please educate me as I know little to nothing about street suspension.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugger
I have a brand new set of Bilstein HD's for the front of my car. My car is a 99 Z28 and I no longer have my stock LS1 front coil springs, however I can get my hands on a set of LT1 front springs really cheap. How would this setup work? I am not looking to make the car any lower or do anything spectacular with it. I am not going AutoXing or anything like that, just trying to turn the car back into something I can drive comfortably on the street. Will these make the car higher or lower than stock in the front? I know the spring rates are different but I didn't know if the actual height of the springs is different (I had heard LS1 springs were taller). Someone please educate me as I know little to nothing about street suspension.
The LT1 springs are *supposedly* lower than the LS1 springs, but it may not be noticeable at all, and the rates are barley any different, also should be unnoticeable to the butt-o-meter.
This will also depend on the weight of your car as well (if you took anything out or added anything).
Otherwise should be a comfortable setup with decent handling.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Bilstein HD with stock LT1 springs on LS1 car