Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Guys...measure your bars...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys...measure your bars...

Ok guys help me out here with a research project...
I'm building a budget road race car with custom suspension front and rear and I'm too cheap to pony up for snazzy custom length Nascar-style sway bars. So I'm looking for factory type bars that are close enough in length to get me at least in the ball park so I can fab brackets and such. If you have an extra bar lying around, please measure its length, from end link mount to end link mount.

I'm looking for length measurements for Corvette Chassis (C4, C5, C6) front and rear bars

Also 4th gen Fbody front and rear as well.

Just to let you know what I'm working with:
The project is based off of a '65 AMC Rambler American 330. I have an LQ4 thats been rebuilt with stock parts (for now) and a t56 will sit right behind it. I have a 9" ford diff that I had narrowed with custom moser 31-spline axles and 3.55 gears and the rear brakes are SSBC 11-inch rotors with 4 piston calipers. I designed the 3-link rear suspension on PRO-E cad software and the front suspension is a Mustang II type setup with rack and pinion and the like. I will be starting a thread in the conversions and hybrids section to show off the progress, but I would appreciate your help with the sway bar issue.

Thanks!
Brian
Old 09-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Just a teaser:

Old 11-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Teching In

I'll go measure mine right now...
Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Alright, front bar measures 42 3/8 inches in length on the inside, 43 1/2 inches in length on the outside. Stock bar is 1" or 26mm in diameter, aftermarket bar is 1 1/4" or 32mm in diameter.

Rear bar: 43 3/4 inches inside... 44 3/4 outside.
Diameter is 22mm stock which is about 7/8". Aftermarket bar is 26 mm or 1".