Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock calipers, best pad/rotor reasonably priced better stoppign than stock stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Stock calipers, best pad/rotor reasonably priced better stoppign than stock stuff

Not an autocross use or high duty cycle, just fast stops on street and track, whats the way to go?

Brembo blanks and Hawk or Green pads, or something else?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brembo blanks aren't very good anymore. Most people are getting the ate slotted rotors, but I went with the centric premium. For brake pads, I have Hawk HPS.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Bendix stock replacement rotors, however they've been on the car for quite some time, and I think they were the last of the American or Canadian made rotors. For pads, I'm using Porterfield Racing pads, in a street compound.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

If you want good quality blanks, then I have this kit with 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads for $350:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=191&ModelID=7

I have this kit http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...191&PartID=149 which gets you the HPS pads and a set of 4 of the ATE PremiumOne coated and slotted rotors for $499.

Can you get cheaper rotors? Yes. But the Best rotors in the least expensive kit have held up to track days with race pads.... They are good quality rotors, better than most junk you'll find in a parts store. The ATE's are nicer... coated, slotted (which helps with the grooving because dirt can be swept away vs. embedded in the pad). The slots are shallow so the structure of the rotor is maintained, it actually wears away when the rotor is down to minimum wear specification.

I also have other kits and other rotors. In fact right now we have a special on Racing Brake rotors which would make a set of those and the Hawk pads just over $500 (normally the rotors themselves are over $500). Those rotors are slotted and coated, but use a tougher metal and are directionally vaned to run cooler (front only, rears are straight slot).

There are

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Stock calipers, best pad/rotor reasonably priced better stoppign than stock stuff