Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Feedback on lowering car w/ a 12 bolt and longtubes!! What works and looks the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on lowering car w/ a 12 bolt and longtubes!! What works and looks the best?

I have a 2002 Camaro SS that I wanted to achieve a slightly lower stance on. The car has longtube headers and a moser 12 bolt rear end. It's stock height right now and I was wondering what I should go with and what looks the best. It has chrome 17" ZR-1 wheels and I am on a budget so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Strange 12-bolt and Kooks long tubes - I went with Strano lowering springs on mine just because I wanted the spring rates he offers, and it sits low, but not too low so I don't go around scraping everything in my path. To me, it sits just right...others might disagree.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

I have an 01 SS with a Moser 12 bolt and SLP longtubes. My car has the Eibach Prokit on it (stock shocks), I like it. Im not so low that my wheel wells are sitting on the tires, not too high to give it that 4X4 look. Rides very well, far batter than lowered imports that Ive been in. I've AutoX the car many times and they perform well. Im sure there are better out there for the AutoX side of things, but I feel that these are a great all around performer. I have some scrapes on the bottom side of my headers, but I dont usually have to worry too much. I just avoid construction areas and parking lots with speed bumps.........
Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
wrencher

Strange 12, QTP's,koni's & strano springs no problems.
I think the strano's ride height is good also. Seems to have enough suspension travel.
I have not hit/scrapped on anything.
Granted I watch for obstacles, but I am very happy with the set up.

Quick Reply: Feedback on lowering car w/ a 12 bolt and longtubes!! What works and looks the best?