Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear thumping noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rear thumping noise

Dear anybody that can help,

I hope you could help me, I have a black 2001 camaro ss manual 6 speed that I just bought about 3 weeks ago and the problem is that when I am driving down the road I am hearing a thumping noise in the rear. I can feel the thumping in the shifter and the clutch. I have had the rear end replaced by gm because the back lash was off. I have had gm guys drive it and they say its the rotors. It has new break pads all the way around but I didn't put the break pads on it the guy before me put them on. The rotors don't look like they have been turned so they might be warped. The noise is louder when I am exellerating, but when I am coasting I can't even hear the thumping noise. I hope you can get back to me because I have 34000 miles on the car and if its something under warrenty I would like to get it fixed.

Also sometimes when I shift into 3rd gear I will let out on the clutch and It will pop out of 3rd. All of the other gears go in fine and stay in. If you have any information on these problems please email me back.

Thanks,
beaf

Last edited by beaf; 01-31-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any aftermarket suspension parts? Or is it completely stock?