Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Cross Member with TQ arm mount question

Old 10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR Cross Member with TQ arm mount question

I have a H/C/I A4 car that I'm slowly adding suspension parts to. I has a good TCI 4l60e so first thing I wanted to do was get the factory TQ arm mount off the tailhousing on the tranny.

So I got a BMR adjustable cross member for the 4l60e that has the TQ arm mount built on it.

I took the factory cross member off the car and put on the new BMR piece with a new energy suspension bushing. For now, I put the TQ arm about right in the middle of the adjustment holes.

Everything seems to be working good, but I have a little vibration now when shifting into OD and sometimes D.

So my question is, so I need to buy a angle finder calculate where I'm at now since I don't have an adjustable TQ arm?

My car is not lowered, and I want to work on my 60' so should I be going up or down on the adjustment to put more weight on the back tires?

On my ladder bar car, I'm thinking we went down with the front holes to give it more lift on the front but wanted to see what you guys reccommend.

Thanks! I was wanting to get this sorted and pinion angle right before I put on the non-adjustable BMR LCA's I picked up.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you running the same trans mount?

its probally not the TA postion, its the hight of the trailshaft, and the front DS U joint.
I have the energy suspention trans mount and had to remove the preload plate, and bolt the mount right to the trans, lowing it 1/4. that got ride of any vibrations over 80-90+ I was getting.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:44 AM
11 Second Club

It has the energy suspension bushing on the trans. Just got back from the track toinght and it ran the best time yet of 1.64 60' and 11.90 in the 1/4 with the TQ arm adjustment in the middle. I'd like to play around with moving it up and down, but I'm going to wait until I get a 9" rear since its leaving real hard on the 10-bolt now.

I can't remember exactly how everything looked under there, does the preload plate just come off?

I'm figured it was an angle issue so I really need to get a angle finder and see whats up with it.

Thanks for the reply man.. I'm going to work on it tomorrow and hope to get the 70+ vibration figured out but it sounds like thats it because I can feel it in the shifter like it had a bad front U-joint.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Yep! prob. preload plt....... the stock rubber is nice & not goin anywere since you took the t/a off the trans!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to hear about the new best

Just be careful moving the torque arm up and down on the cross member this will also alter your pinion angle if you are running a non-adjustable style torque arm.

Oh and on the adjustment thing the lower you go the softer it is going to "hit" the tire at launch... the higher you go the harder and quicker it reacts at launch.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
Glad to hear about the new best

Just be careful moving the torque arm up and down on the cross member this will also alter your pinion angle if you are running a non-adjustable style torque arm.

Oh and on the adjustment thing the lower you go the softer it is going to "hit" the tire at launch... the higher you go the harder and quicker it reacts at launch.
Thanks man. We got it running a 11.90 the other night with a 1.64 60' and 7.54 in the 1/8 on motor. I think this is getting real close for the 10-bolt so I picked up a moser 9", TQ arm, and a D1sc tuner kit so we are hoping to get it running 10.50 in the 1/4 and 6.50 in the 1/8 on 8lbs.

I figured that moving the mount up or down would alter the pinion angle with stock LCAs and TQ-arm. I noticed when I was installing it that the rear end angle would change when pushing up or pulling down on the TQ arm when it was off the mount.

Good to know that higher will make it hit the tire harder, and lower will soften the hit. I'm going to order a set of your LCAs and need a panhard bar and a few other pieces. With the 9" and D1, the car should really start to react out of the hole.

BMR makes some really nice pieces BTW!

Josh
Blackflag Motorsports

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BMR Cross Member with TQ arm mount question