List of sus mods currently on car:
Koni Da front
stock z28 springs
List of parts waiting to go on car:
Koni DA rear
bmr panhard rod DA rod end
lca bmr poly/rubbber
spohn adjustable TA

Was looking for the optimal settings for Koni Da shocks keeping the above parts in mind and its a daily driver, just not in winter.
If someone you could tell me number of clicks for the compression for the front and rear, and how many full turns for the rebound it would be appreciated.Also if someone can explain how to adjust the rears it would be appreciated.

Currently with just the front I have it on I think 6 or 7 and 2.5 turns for rebound. Hoping adding the rears and other parts gives me a better ride.
Anyway to get it similar to 09 challenger srt8, its firm but still nice?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, this should get you really close.
Start with the compression at full soft, front and rear. Drive it that way for a full day over various road conditions, if it's to soft then go up 2 clicks F & R. Repeat until it's to firm on one or both ends then back it off 1 click on the end that to firm, and continue on the end that's still to soft until it's also to firm then back it off 1 click.

The rears adjust with the adjusting **** you put on the very top of the shock.

With the rebound start at 3 sweep from full soft up front, and 1/2 turn from full soft in the rear. Drive it that way for a full day over various road conditions. If it feels like it drops suddenly over dips in the road then back it off 1 sweep up front and 1/8 of a turn in the rear until the sensation is no longer present.
If it doesn't then turn the rears up 1/4 turn until it does then back it off 1/8 turn. Up front go up 2 sweeps until it does the same,then back it off 1 sweep.

FYI, if anybody see any mistakes, or wrong wording /order, feel free to correct me.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 11-10-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the writeup, was having trouble finding one with a search, umm what do you do without the **** for the top for the rears to adjust them, which way increases the rebound dampening? ie clockwise or counterclockwise? Appreciate the help.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by joe77
Thanks for the writeup, was having trouble finding one with a search, umm what do you do without the **** for the top for the rears to adjust them, which way increases the rebound dampening? ie clockwise or counterclockwise? Appreciate the help.

You could cut a slot in a coin, washer, bolt, or use a small cresent/adjustable wrench.

Counter Clockwise = Firmer

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 11-10-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, Ill try the adjustable wrench, just didnt quite get how the **** would work, I mean when i turned the top the whole shaft spun, looks like you have to use a wrench on the head, which would limit the amount you could get the adjustable wrench on.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by joe77
Sounds good, Ill try the adjustable wrench, just didnt quite get how the **** would work, I mean when i turned the top the whole shaft spun, looks like you have to use a wrench on the head, which would limit the amount you could get the adjustable wrench on.
Yeah, there's flats around the top, right below the adjusting blade, you'll need to put a small wrench on the flats to keep the shaft from turning while you tighten down the mount nuts. After the mount nuts are tight the rebound adjusting blade can be turned without turning the main shaft.

Quick Reply: Need help setting up my suspension