Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New to forum, Puzzlin brake problem??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum, Puzzlin brake problem??

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and am having a troubling issue that i am confused with. I have a 1993 Z28 Camaro that I've had for about a year now. Whenever I get on the highway and get up to speeds of 60, 65, and 75 my car feels like it is lurching foreward. Almost like it wants to go, but something is holding it back. (maybe a pad or somethin sticking?) It feels like something in the brake or rotors or something, but I have no idea. At first I tried replacing the feul filter and injectors, but they seemed to have no effect. Any ideas would be really helpful. Thanks guys.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is your car an auto or a 6 speed. it almost sounds like a trans issue to me. You can jack your car up, make sure your e brake isnt on, and try spinning the wheels. They should spin freely with only minor brake pad rub.

if you had a stuck caliper or something of the sort, you would know that off hand. Plus, when you went to brake, the car would have a bad pull to the side of the stuck caliper.

a lurching or something of that sort is most likely a trans issue. If its an auto, try having your trans filter replaced and the trans flushed. might help.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, my car Z is an auto. I'm gonna have it jacked up tomorrow, so i'll try everything and see, and it looks like i'll end up flushing the trans fluid. lol Thanks so much!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no prob. good luck.