Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bilstein rear shock bolt size

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bilstein rear shock bolt size

anyone know the rear bolt size for the mounting for underneth the car they sent me the wrong bolt in the box and it wont fit. ive tried taking sandpaper to the nut itsself and a wire brush to it still cant get this nut to fit on so if anyone knows the size of the nut itself i can run down the street and get another one real fast thanks
Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well in case anyone else needs to know its a 12mm 1.5 if you need to die it from your tap and die set but, I had a cheesy *** die set so I used my buddies witch didnt have the 12mm so i just died the bit** to 1/2 13 for a temparary fix till i can get another shock..

put a 1/2 13 bolt with a lock washer on it dunno how safe this is but whatever...

currently driving the car with 3 bilsteins and one gay stock shock on the drivers side dont know how safe that is either.. but it was getting late and my buddies parents needed to use the garage.. will finish asap the hardest one is the one I have left to do and evidently i need to buy another rear shock.. all and all it was a long frustrating day...

if anyone considers doing this start it when you have plenty of time to finish it

Quick Reply: bilstein rear shock bolt size