Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tubular front end?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tubular front end?

Does anyone know if there is someone out there selling complete front clips, not engine craddles. I am looking to cut the rails and fenders out of my 2002 WS6 TA from the firewall forward, install a complete cage in the car, runing out the front to a tubular front chassy.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the process of planing for that build I have a good friend that builds chassis for drag cars that is helping me out
Old 01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

and Im just up the street from you well a few hours but not far
Old 01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have e few ideas on what I want to do. I will post them later, see what everyone thinks.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think that if you're serious about removing that much of the front end of the car, you'd need to talk with a shop that specializes in chassis fabrication. It's certainly not a home garage, over a weekend project.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why are you wanting to cut the entire front end off the car and start from scratch?

With the availability of all the tubular bolt-on suspension pieces there is not much if any need for it (look at a outlaw 10.5 car still retain stock front frame rails)

I would also agree that it's a huge undertaking and would require professional fabrication equipment and the knowledge of how to use it to do it properly IMO...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I would think that if you're serious about removing that much of the front end of the car, you'd need to talk with a shop that specializes in chassis fabrication. It's certainly not a home garage, over a weekend project.
I have done three other cars before. Just not a newer f body. It is not all that dificult, if you buy the right stuff.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
Why are you wanting to cut the entire front end off the car and start from scratch?

With the availability of all the tubular bolt-on suspension pieces there is not much if any need for it (look at a outlaw 10.5 car still retain stock front frame rails)

I would also agree that it's a huge undertaking and would require professional fabrication equipment and the knowledge of how to use it to do it properly IMO...
The wheel studs sheered off the rear drivers side and I lost control, slid into a pole, and it cut the front bumber, headlights, radiator and intercooler off the car. It bent the wheel wells. I had the BMR turbo engine craddle in it. That is one strong **** peice! It is not harmed at all!

So the car is gone unless I just tube the front end and mate it to a cage.

Quick Reply: Tubular front end?