Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking for measurements on lowered cars..

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for measurements on lowered cars..

I did a fitment of my new wheels today and almost like the way the car sits without it being lowered. I took measurements to the tops of the fenders and if I can remember correctly, the front was 27" and rear was 28".

On the front clip, under the grill, I also measured to the little point that sticks out. I think it was 9"(I should have wrote all this down).

Originally I was looking to lower the car on BMR springs, but now after seeing it, I'm worried about rubbing issues and also having to change out my dumped duals. The tires are 275/40/17 and 315/40/17. I would love to see someone with BMR's or even Hotchkis to chime in on this one and take measurements of the same I did to see how they compare.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I have Eibachs and there ok but before long, I may swap to something different. Have you done the Hose Mod yet? It'll lower the rear a little for ya. If you want I can post pics of mine but I figured I'd ask since you didn't mention them.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've looked at pictures of every possible drop that they make I believe, but feel free to post them if you would like. The thing is, the smallest drop I have seen is BMR at 1". I would like to have mine a little less than that.

The biggest factor for really not wanting to lower it much more than that is a custom dumped exhaust I had installed about 3 months ago that cost ALOT more than what I thought it was going to..lol

Seriously thinking about cutting the springs now. I know its not the best thing you can do, but I believe that is the only way I can achieve the drop I'm wanting. Does anyone have any idea about how much a half coil would drop it down??
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

I have bmr lowering springs. W/ 245/40/17 and it sits from ground to top of well at 27 back and 26 front. Two fingers between tire an well in front and 3 in back
Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I have bmr lowering springs. W/ 245/40/17 and it sits from ground to top of well at 27 back and 26 front. Two fingers between tire an well in front and 3 in back
So, thats exactly an inch from where I am now. Thats good, but still afraid it could be to much. I really don't want to have to ditch the custom exhaust, or even have problems with rubbing. Do you have lt's??

Quick Reply: Looking for measurements on lowered cars..