Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Will line lock keep me from warping my rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will line lock keep me from warping my rotors?

I have an A4. I just changed my front rotors and this helped my brake pulsation alot but I can still feel the rears vibrating. I dont want this to happen again so I am thinking of ways to avoid it.

I guess the hardest I am on my back breaks is when I am doing a burnout and I have my foot on the brakes and the gas.

Do yall think line lock will keep them from warping again? I am using the autozone rotors.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A line lock will not only prevent overheating of your rotors, but it will reduce wear on your transmission and other driveline components. $ for $, a line lock is a very inexpensive way of preventing additional unnecessary stress on your car.

Our kits have a very attractive price-point

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=line+lock

steve
Old 02-16-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm does it have good instructions? I have never installed one before.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure how detailed of instructions you need...but essentially they are step by step and have a few pictorial descriptions...It also does include schematics. We are available for any additional tech questions or concerns.

The whole install is straight forward...I'm not sure of your abilities, probably the most difficult part for some would be bleeding the brakes. If you don't feel comforatable performing this modification, I suggest you have someone whom does install the kit...no matter what type of line lock setup you choose.

I would highly recommend picking one up instead of heating your tires up the way you described.

Steve
Old 02-19-2004, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the line lock, that'll save alot of stress when doing a burnout, (not to mention the biggest clouds on the street, hehehe), but I dont think your rotors were warped from your burnout, I would think its from hitting the brakes hard at high speeds, not too long ago I had a wobble at anything above 60 when I hit the brakes, I took off the front rotors and had them resurfaced, everything wuz perfect after that, get the rears resurfaced, it only cost about 10 bucks from checkwhores

Quick Reply: Will line lock keep me from warping my rotors?