Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Blistein shock passenger rear metal clunking noise..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blistein shock passenger rear metal clunking noise..

anoyone have this problem?
I just googled this and it seems quite a few people have this problem..only with the passenger side..I have this problem as well and it sounds like a jarring hard rattle or metal bang when going over small/big bumps....I took it back to my suspension guy...it checks out...everthing from the oem rubber stopers, boots, nuts/bolts, no sway bar bang, or wheel bang..nothing with the spare tire..It sounds like my ***** breaking...but everthing checks out good? No one in the other threads had an answer either...seems cold wheather play's a factor...kinda makes me mad cause it didn't do this with my stock shocks....now it's hard to tell the difference cause of this hard bang over bumps sound
Old 03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

just thought I'd bring this up top for another day
Old 03-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Are you sure its in the rear? I had changed to koni da up front and noticed that I was getting a banging, took it apart was fine, then realized it was the motor mounts, since the rid was stiffer was making it noticable. Are you hitting the bump stops? Have you put some marking compound on them and see if it transfers? Did you buy the shocks new or used? have you checked the torque arm and tranny mounts?
Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joe77
Are you sure its in the rear? I had changed to koni da up front and noticed that I was getting a banging, took it apart was fine, then realized it was the motor mounts, since the rid was stiffer was making it noticable. Are you hitting the bump stops? Have you put some marking compound on them and see if it transfers? Did you buy the shocks new or used? have you checked the torque arm and tranny mounts?
They were new from strano...def. passenger side rear...installed correctly 2 weeks ago and double checked 3 day's ago....
How do I see if I'm hitting the bump stops/where to mark to see if "what" transfers?
explain those please and I'll check it asap
Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ump-stops.html

thats the thread on what the bumpstops look like, id use anything that will transfer and wont damage the rubber to see if its hitting, though i highly doubt it since their new shocks. Are you lowered at all if so what springs? Does it only happen over big bumps? Did you reinstall the rubber isolators in the back? I did find my konis were more stiff in the cold but i wouldnt think that would cause a banging sound. Do you have an aftermarket rear end hitting the body? And you double checked all bolts, for everything back there? Do you have rod end suspension pieces?
have you checked the exhaust system, perhaps something is banging causing your noise?
good luck with the trouble shooting let us know what you find out maybe someone can help pinpoint it better. I find hard to believe just changing shocks would cause a noise, your definetly going to need to get under there and take a look.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't do the install..the shop who does all my work (everything in my sig) did. and rechecked it... lowered, stock springs..seems to happen when it's really cold..

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd....php%3ft=51103

heres the thread I googled and a few people chimed in regarding the same problem.. with no real answers....

I took out the spare tire...nothing hitting their...the thing is, is that the shop I go to double checked everthing and can't figure it out either...everthing we can think of checked out good...pretty easy install
Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joe77
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ump-stops.html

thats the thread on what the bumpstops look like, id use anything that will transfer and wont damage the rubber to see if its hitting, though i highly doubt it since their new shocks. Are you lowered at all if so what springs? Does it only happen over big bumps? Did you reinstall the rubber isolators in the back? I did find my konis were more stiff in the cold but i wouldnt think that would cause a banging sound. Do you have an aftermarket rear end hitting the body? And you double checked all bolts, for everything back there? Do you have rod end suspension pieces?
have you checked the exhaust system, perhaps something is banging causing your noise?
good luck with the trouble shooting let us know what you find out maybe someone can help pinpoint it better. I find hard to believe just changing shocks would cause a noise, your definetly going to need to get under there and take a look.
man everthing looks good...dammit
Old 03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

GOD DAMMIT... why in the **** can't I post pics here...I have a million ******* pictures I post everywhere...but not in this little fking box...insert image or link doesn't work

Last edited by justin hover; 03-27-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Blistein shock passenger rear metal clunking noise..