Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Torque Arm Install Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR Torque Arm Install Problem

Howdy! I've searched everywhere to see if someone else has had this problem, but to no avail haven't found a solution to this problem. Here go's... I bought a BMR torque arm from byunspeed.com, and finally got around to attempting to put it in last night. Well I have the torque arm on the axle and the bushing sitting on the clam-shell mount, but the damn top bolt will not thread for the death of me. I've tried just about everything to get the angle of that bolt right to get it threaded in, but had no success. So after hours of cursing and being frustrated I've decided to come to the boards to see if anyone has a solution to this. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It takes some patience but it will thread in you just have to get the clamshell closed enough to get it started. Sometimes I have used a prybar to get some leverage to get the clamshell closed enough to get it started. Give it a break and come back to it and I am sure you will get it started.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. I probably will try the pry bar method when I get home later tonight. I'm excited to get it all together, btw the quality of your torque arm is great!

Quick Reply: BMR Torque Arm Install Problem