Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adj Pb Adj Lca Whats better

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adj Pb Adj Lca Whats better

1. Do I need adj or double adj panhard par to center the reared to fit 10.5 rims. Car is lowered with bmr springs. Which is recomended?

2. Do I need adj or double adj or non adj lca's for 10 bolt stock rearend with the car being lowered? Which is recomended?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Left out one thing. I will be using lca relocation bracks. Damn its not hard to tell I'm a noob.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Best way is to get both. The panhard will adjust the rear side to side for the tires. The lower control arms adjust the rear forward and backward. If your putting on brackets they may not be centered perfect and need the adj lca to fix the length so the car doesn't dog track.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Thanks still a little confused if they should be single or double adjustable.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Double adjustables arent necesary, but do come in handy since you dont have to drop one end of the bar to adjust them in or out.

I have an on-car adjustable PHR and you just loosen 2 nuts, turn, measure, then repeat until your centered. With singles, youll have to loosen the lock nut, unbolt the adjustable end, twist, then bolt it back in and measure.

My advice is to go with single LCAs, and double or on-car adjustable PHR. You probably wont even have to adjust the LCAs, but the PHR can take a little bit of tweaking to get it setup just right.

Im running all UMI parts, and love them! Poly/Rod LCAs, and PHR along with the tunnel mounted torque arm w/DS loop.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get whatever one you want, neither functions differently than the other, just adjusts differently when you're installing it or tweaking it (double-adjusters allow you to adjust on car, as mentioned, while singles require you to disconnect an end).

As far as adjustable LCA's, they're usually not necessary. Lowering or putting in relocation brackets don't really move the rear fore/aft....they can become necessary with aftermarket rears or if you're trying to fit big tires in the back. However, if that's in your future, you're better off buying the parts once and not needing to do it again.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Like mentioned you shouldn't need adjustable lower control arms but I do recommend an adjustable panhard bar. The panhard bar will allow you to center the rear end and gain room for those larger tires.

Single adjustable panhard bars are less expensive but require more to adjust them since they need removed to make changes. The on-car adjustable and double adjustable panhard bars are both easy to adjust on the car.

The most popular on car adjustable panhard bar we have is part # 2029 seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2029

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info everyone. I can make a good choice now thanks to your input.

Quick Reply: Adj Pb Adj Lca Whats better