Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

qa1 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default qa1 coilovers

just got mine today, how the heck do they go together ? Basically what screws onto the shock first ?

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...onndhe2mpf8o43
Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

wow thats cheap for coilovers. I cant help you with the install but please lmk how well they work and if it still handles well when the car is lowered alot. Please give some feedback
Old 04-16-2011, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The smaller diameter threaded locking ring goes on first. Thread it all the way to the bottom. Then the lower spring perch/larger diameter threaded ring goes on, thread that all the way to the bottom. Then slide the thrust bearing on (it looks like a very thin shim). The put the spring on, then the rubber upper spring perch bolts to the shock center shaft. Slide it all back into the car with the upper a arm bracket. Adjust the spring once everything is on the car and torqued down. Try to get the spanner wrenches that have multiple notches in each wrench. They lock in much better and won't strip out the outer diameter of the adjusting/threaded ring.

I added an off road 4x4 dust boot to the set up to keep dirt out of the seals so hopefully they wont need to be rebuilt as often.

When adjusting the ride height I use a large deep well 1/2" socket with a small extension on it slid over the spanner wrench handle just to get a little more leverage, it works great in the tight spots.

Hope this helps. Pm me if you have more questions
Old 04-16-2011, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

thanks